The Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) will play a key role in delivering new products, initiatives, and solutions for the WatchGuard product portfolio. The right candidate must have a strong background in technical program management and a proven track record of delivering complex technology projects. This is a great opportunity for someone who has broad technical knowledge, can see applications and systems from a product perspective, and make sound business decisions. The successful candidate will build strong internal cross-functional partnerships with Product Management, Engineering, QA, UX, Operations, Tech Support, and Product Marketing as well as strong external partnerships with OEM (to enable successful delivery of products across the entire enterprise.
The TPM will know how to manage competing resources and priorities, understand how to navigate through ambiguous situations, and have the ability to hit the ground running. The ideal candidate must be solutions-oriented, able to identify and mitigate risks, recognize dependencies and solve problems. In particular, the TPM must be able to deliver successful projects/initiatives and know how to get stuff done.
This role reports directly to the Director of Program Management. If you are looking for a challenge and you're enthusiastic, self-motivated, and want to grow your program management career, WatchGuard has the perfect role for you.
* Drive successful delivery of technical projects/initiatives from project initiation to completion
* Understand how our internal and external partner/stakeholder teams operate in order to manage priorities and execute delivery of high-quality solutions in alignment with the vision of the Product Owner
* Effectively communicate objectives, project milestones, status, and dependencies in a timely manner to team members, stakeholders and management
* Work closely with project team members on their commitments, milestones, delivery forecasts, resource allocations, and deliverables during projects/initiatives
* Recognize and escalate up and downstream impacts to dependent stakeholders
* Coordinate, communicate, and schedule hardware, software, and infrastructure releases across multiple teams
* Identify roadblocks, issues and anticipate risks that may inhibit overall project progress and/or release success and report/escalate them to the appropriate stakeholder
Skills and Qualifications:
* Familiarity with Agile Development tools such as JIRA and Confluence
* Must have the ability to build solid work relationships and partnerships
* Able to comfortably and confidently communicate technical concepts, plans, and project status to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
* High analytical and problem-solving skills; able to document specifications, organize material, analyze a wide variety of facts and data to make appropriate recommendations
* Ability to work efficiently with multiple business owners and stakeholders
* A Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* 7+ years of experience of experience leading technical product development initiatives
* Experience managing development projects involving geographically diverse teams
* Experience in planning, managing and launching projects with OEM and/or ODM partners
* Experience in managing cross-functional efforts across different disciplines and levels of management and experience with a variety of business processes
* Experience with cloud computing application architecture a plus
Why Work for WatchGuard?
At WatchGuard we create smart security, simply done. We're a leader in building cyber security hardware, wireless, and cloud solutions that protect small and midsize businesses, and distributed enterprises worldwide. Our award-winning network security solutions provide layered, enterprise-grade protection that is easy to deploy and manage. Whether you are an industry veteran, or at the beginning of your career, now is an amazing time to work in the security industry, and there's never been a better time to be at WatchGuard.
We love solving the industry's toughest challenges, and our innovation keeps our customers ahead of increasingly sophisticated hackers, which has fueled record revenues. We're heavily reinvesting in the company, and driving rapid acceleration across all aspects of our business. As a result, our employee base has nearly doubled in the last three years, organically and through acquisition.
Our company culture places intense focus on our customers and employees. From the newest employee to our CEO, you'll find that each person at WatchGuard embodies our core values: accountability, passion for success, community building, and maintaining a customer focus in all things.
WatchGuard Technologies is privately backed by equity firms Vector Capital and Francisco Partners, and has headquarters in Seattle, Washington, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
WatchGuard participates in E-verify
WatchGuard provides unified threat management solutions that combine firewall, virtual private networks and security services.