Are you ready for a chance to build your career in IT and gain valuable experience by providing awesome customer support to our global employee base? The Service Desk Intern will assist in triaging all level one support requests, resolve issues at the tier one level, and escalate issues out to the appropriate team. You will be responsible for providing application/hardware support to end users with Windows 8.1/10, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS devices.
You'll be responsible for installing Windows and Mac OS X applications and providing hands-on support as well as phone/remote assistance. This person must also have the initiative and ability to take a task and run with it as well as tackle other projects between tasks. Most of all, we are looking for an ambitious individual with a strong desire to learn new things and keep our customers happy.
* Image PC and Mac laptops/desktops
* Maintain asset and inventory system; Check in/Check out items
* Organize and maintain asset storage room
* Assist with employee onboarding and separation processes; Setup and tear down of equipment and shipping/receiving of assets
* Triage and respond to helpdesk tickets and provide solutions for reported customer problems
* Provide customer-focused desktop support for all staff using strong interpersonal skills
* Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems; escalate if required
* Phone and inbound ticket queue support for global employee IT requests
Skills and Qualifications:
* Strong customer service and communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Master of following up with end users and communicating liberally until issue resolution
* The ability to prioritize support requests while keeping response times in mind is immensely important
* Excellent process documentation skills
* Desktop support/troubleshooting experience in a Windows-centric environment a plus
* Windows 8.1+ (about 80%)
* Mac OS X (about 20%)
* Knowledge of antivirus products (System Center Endpoint Protection, Windows Defender)
* Ability to handle & prioritize large volumes of requests while maintaining a positive attitude and mindset
* Pursuing or graduated with a two or four year degree in Information Systems, Informatics, or similar area of study
* Experience with Dell, Lenovo, and Apple hardware (desktops & laptops) a plus
Why Work for WatchGuard?
At WatchGuard we create smart security, simply done. We're a leader in building cyber security hardware, wireless, and cloud solutions that protect small and midsize businesses, and distributed enterprises worldwide. Our award-winning network security solutions provide layered, enterprise-grade protection that is easy to deploy and manage. Whether you are an industry veteran, or at the beginning of your career, now is an amazing time to work in the security industry, and there's never been a better time to be at WatchGuard.
We love solving the industry's toughest challenges, and our innovation keeps our customers ahead of increasingly sophisticated hackers, which has fueled record revenues. We're heavily reinvesting in the company, and driving rapid acceleration across all aspects of our business. As a result, our employee base has nearly doubled in the last three years, organically and through acquisition.
Our company culture places intense focus on our customers and employees. From the newest employee to our CEO, you'll find that each person at WatchGuard embodies our core values: accountability, passion for success, community building, and maintaining a customer focus in all things.
WatchGuard Technologies is privately backed by equity firms Vector Capital and Francisco Partners, and has headquarters in Seattle, Washington, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
WatchGuard participates in E-verify
WatchGuard provides unified threat management solutions that combine firewall, virtual private networks and security services.