Costco is looking for a dedicated and experienced Software Developer to join its Depot Solutions development team. The selected candidate will be responsible for the technical oversight and guidance for the development team in their project work to ensure delivery of high quality artifacts, and adherence to Costco's SDLC. The selected candidate will participate in all phases of development: architecture, design, coding and unit testing in projects of various size. The right candidate will preferably be able to traverse a broad range of platforms and environments.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Develops and analyzes code that support the Distribution business area * Creates functional specifications for applications supported using our standard practices, processes, and procedures * Performs code reviews * Performs unit testing and works hand in hand with QA on test scripts * Adheres to divisional standards for any code development and deployment activities * Collaborates with Product Owner and QA to ensure requirements are clear and documented * Participates in Sprint, deployment, and release planning * Must be able to estimate work in order to create timelines and delivery dates * Determines programs, objects, and files that need to be changed in order to deliver enhancements or new functionality to the business * Responsible for 2nd level support and helping to resolve issues that come to the ticket queue * Leads in resolving complex application issues and able to identify impact and timing of resolution * Collaborates in the creation and maintaining troubleshooting knowledge base for first level support * Responsible for continued personal growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and Costco policies * Some off-hours work required including weekends and holidays, rotation on-call
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary * Assists in other departments of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* 5 years of functional design and technical design experience * 5 years of programming experience (RPGLE, SQL, Java, C#, etc.) * Experience analyzing, designing and implementing integration solutions using RPG development on iSeries * Experience on iSeries / DB2/400 * Familiarity with integration tools - IBM Websphere Broker, SAP PI/PO, Sterling B2Bi, Axway, UC4 * Experience in designing, building and maintaining real-time and large scale applications * Has experience leading a project through a formal software development lifecycle * Helping the Scrum Team to avoid or remove impediments to its progress, whether internal or external to the team * Willingness to challenge assumptions (self and others) * Provide leadership in the respective technical domain * Develop domain design (identify functions and how they relate to other programs/systems)
* Experience with SAP EWM data integration using IDoc, qRFC/CIF * Familiarity with integration tools - IBM Websphere Broker, SAP PI/PO, Sterling B2Bi, Axway, UC4 * Good understanding of Agile practices/methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Extreme Programming (XP), Feature-Driven Development (FDD) * Demonstrate core project management skills * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.