The Manufacturing quality assurance (QA) analyst is primarily responsible for knowing details on testing the Manufacturing Systems software products, both MES and WMS. The analyst partners with internal stakeholders to plan, test, and implement all software changes to ensure that product conforms to the desired quality standard. The analyst is responsible for validating reported defects in testing and working with development on the resolution of the defects.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Creates testing strategy and system test plans.
* Reviews test cases based on the software requirements elicited by business analysts and software developers.
* Partners with the Business Analyst and Functional Analyst on the creation of user acceptance test plans.
* Looks for ways to automate manual repeatable time intensive tasks.
* Potentially lead QA efforts on smaller efforts.
* Identifies, logs, and tracks defects for larger projects.
* Provides reporting on defect tracking and escalates technical issues as needed.
* Maintains testing standards, procedures, and guidelines to ensure consistent testing procedures within the MES and WMS solutions.
* Partners with distributed teams, outside vendors or offshore testing partners.
* Follows standards in accordance with company policy and regulation.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* 2 years creating test strategies, test plans, and test cases.
* 2 years executing test cases and defect tracking.
* Strong organizational skills.
* In-depth understanding of the various testing concepts (e.g. functional, usability, performance).
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving.
* Strong verbal and written communication.
* Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
* Team player - must be friendly, communicative, open, honest, thoughtful and committed. Must work cooperatively with others.
* Periodic off-hours work required including weekends and holidays. Must be able to provide 24 x 7 on-call support as necessary.
* Hands on experience scripting, executing, and maintaining automated tests.
* 2 years working with Manufacturing software solutions in a testing capacity.
* QA experience with Siemens Simatic IT or JDA Red Prairie WMS.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.