The International SAP Solution Architect is responsible for delivering multi-scale, complex SAP-centric solutions that reflect best-practice business processes and leverage the latest tools and methodologies on the SAP technology platform to achieve high performing business operations. Manages the application design and architecture components. The Solution Architect will lead, collaborate and partner with various IS divisions and have a deep understanding of SAP, its roadmap and how it aligns with Costco's Global strategy.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Participates in defining SAP solution architectures which includes evaluation, selection and integration of necessary technical components to create solution designs that support defined functional and nonfunctional requirements. * Comprehends documentation of the current and future state application and/or infrastructure architectures. * Architects an SAP ecosystem that can scale in the volume of transactions as well as meet required performance characteristics for a global enterprise business for the next 10 years. * Creates a unified SAP architecture which reduces rework and both human and system reconciliation via automation. * Builds up greater SAP architectural competencies within all IS teams. * Partners and works closely with other Solution and Enterprise Architects. * Initiates, recommends, or provides solutions through designated channels.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary. * Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
* 7+ years' of SAP implementation experience. * Experience designing and validating a complex architecture and ensuring its successful implementation. * Ability to identify and challenge IT scenarios by taking the business environment into account. * Provide recommendations and guidance on the SAP platform and tools. * Experience on how to consume HANA information models using best practices and standards. * Knowledge of integrating HANA information models with SAP Fiori and other UI5. * Understanding of integrating SAP HANA data to Hadoop platform. * Strategically plan the solution landscape. * Experience and deep knowledge of SAP systems, including SAP Business Suite, S/4HANA, and the required architecture and infrastructure to support them. * Define overarching architecture guidelines and best practices. * Candidates must also demonstrate courageous leadership and a demonstrated ability to lead. * Must have an excellent ability to provide clarity out of a sea of information, have strong software design and architecture skills. * Experience integrating SAP solutions into a broad array of non-legacy technologies and architectures. * Functional/technical proficiency with at least 4+ full lifecycle SAP implementations. * Understanding of SAP roadmap around Cloud products and how it integrates with on-prem. * Experience and deep knowledge of SAP system migration or upgrades. * Experience in SAP Backup, Recovery and High Availability architectures. * Knowledge of the business for which the solution architecture is being developed. * Ability to influence the IT Strategies ensuring collaborative alignment. * Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering. * Interpersonal and leadership skills -Communication, Collaboration, Facilitation, and Negotiation skills.
* Experience with global Solution Manager implementations (v 7.2 and higher). * Ability to work constructively as an individual or in groups with minimal supervision. * Understands and can apply software engineering and application development methodologies in a complex multi-project environment. Subject matter expertise across applications, data, database, middleware, mainframe and midrange server computing, network (Intranet/Extranet/Internet), security, and client platform (Including mobile) IT products and services. * Successful candidates must demonstrate experience in designing and implementing enterprise-wide SAP transformation that delivered proven business value. * Candidates must also demonstrate courageous leadership and a demonstrated ability to lead culture change across virtual groups and partner organizations. * The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15+ years' of system design and implementation leadership experience consisting of direct and indirect people management as well as direct personal technical contribution. * This person will have an excellent ability to provide clarity out of a sea of information, have strong software design and architecture skills, be comfortable communication with Senior Leadership, and all IT and Business Teams. * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.