The Costco eBusiness team is looking for someone who is passionate about ensuring that all people who use our eBusiness websites have a great user experience, especially people who use assistive technologies. This person will work with an Accessibility specialist, the UI/UX, Development and QA teams to ensure that current accessibility guidelines, such as WCAG 2.1 AA, principles and practices are followed in ongoing development of Costco websites.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Collaborates closely with UI Accessibility specialist to identify and understand current site accessibility deficiencies.
* Assists in reviewing results from all internal/external audits.
* Uses a combination of automated and manual testing tools, tests Costco customer facing websites for compliance to current WCAG guidelines.
* Creates Accessibility test strategies, plans, and test cases for validating adherence to WCAG guidelines.
* Effectively executes tests and records results, working with others to identify and resolve deficiencies.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current regulations, requirements, and guidelines for retail companies.
* Advocates for and mentors others in accessibility best practices and testing methodologies.
* Develops internal UI, Dev, and QA processes to identify, communicate and remediate accessibility deficiencies.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* Empathy, passion, and drive to ensure all customers have access to and the ability to use Costco websites.
* Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 AA guidelines governing the accessibility requirements for retail based websites.
* Experience in creating test strategies and plans for testing websites for accessibility compliance.
* Experience in using various assistive technologies like JAWS, NVDA, TalkBack or VoiceOver to test desktop and mobile websites.
* Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* High level understanding of design/development methodologies and project management concepts.
* Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with members of cross-functional teams.
* Ability to work effectively and produce consistent results with minimum supervision.
* Strong communication and leadership skills with ability to communicate with all levels of the organization from senior management down to staff level.
* Demonstrated high level of urgency in identifying, communicating and resolving accessibility issues on the site.
* Active involvement in the a11y or disability community.
* CPACC, WAS, or DHA Certification a bonus.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.