Age of Learning
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of 500+ individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, designers, animators, engineers, and more. We develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 learning app and website for children ages 2 through 8. More than 20 million children worldwide have completed over 4 billion learning activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first educational massively multiplayer online (MMO) game, serving elementary and middle school children with thousands of learning activities in a fun and safe virtual world. Other programs include an immersive English language learning product for children in China; ReadingIQ, a world-class digital library with thousands of curated books; and a groundbreaking adaptive learning system that personalizes math instruction for every learner.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. Through our Education Access Initiatives, we make ABCmouse available at no cost to millions of children through schools, libraries, Head Start programs, and community centers-including public housing authorities and after-school programs.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we're looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Our Marketing team is looking for a rockstar software developer with a knack for data and analytics.
* Optimize and maintain the data pipeline
* Effectively communicate with project managers, stakeholders, and other members of the organization
* Retrieve data and build reporting dashboards
* Validate data for various A/B tests, as well as ongoing statistical measures
* Build new internal tools used for workflow optimization
* Resolve data discrepancies
Desired Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Experience working with object-oriented PHP and designing database schemas (MySQL)
* Knowledge of data warehouse concepts a plus
* Experience working with Amazon Web Services (Lambda, S3, Firehose)
* Experience working with Snowflake a plus
* Understanding of Python a plus
* Experience with integrating third-party APIs
* Comfortable navigating the command line
* Experience with Git
* Experience with developing in container environments a plus
* Working/integrating payment gateways a plus
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, balancing multiple priorities
* Strong written and verbal communication in both technical and non-technical teams
* Strong at analyzing information and able to quickly find creative solutions to difficult problems
* Good attention to detail, rigorous in self-testing code, and delivers high-quality work
* Flexible with working overtime
* Positive attitude : )
Age of Learning does not sponsor work-related visas for this position. This includes, but is not limited to H1B visas.
About Age of Learning
Age of Learning is an educational technology and digital learning company that created and continues to develop ABCmouse.com.