Age of Learning
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of 500+ individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, designers, animators, engineers, and more. We develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 learning app and website for children ages 2 through 8. More than 20 million children worldwide have completed over 4 billion learning activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first educational massively multiplayer online (MMO) game, serving elementary and middle school children with thousands of learning activities in a fun and safe virtual world. Other programs include an immersive English language learning product for children in China; ReadingIQ, a world-class digital library with thousands of curated books; and a groundbreaking adaptive learning system that personalizes math instruction for every learner.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. Through our Education Access Initiatives, we make ABCmouse available at no cost to millions of children through schools, libraries, Head Start programs, and community centers-including public housing authorities and after-school programs.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we're looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
* Provide technical expertise to lead and manage a team of engineers across multiple disciplines - client, server, network, database, web, and tools.
* Interface with creative teams to provide solutions for feature requests within limits set by company stakeholders.
* Architect, drive, and oversee long and short-term technology solutions for client and server software.
* Contribute to the technology platforms, libraries, systems, and tooling used by our engineering team(s).
* Work with production to plan, scope, and schedule solutions from the engineering team
* Collaborate and facilitate communication both locally and with remote development teams.
* Contribute to emerging training strategies and career development initiatives.
* Expert knowledge of modern mobile technologies including iOS development in Objective C, Android development in Java, and cross-platform development in Unity using C#.
* Online game experience is a must.
* MMO experience and familiarity with Photon Server is desired.
* Familiarity with client/server, database/web interfaces, and Unity development for PC and mobile.
* Experience architecting and facilitating solutions for multi-player online, PC and mobile platforms.
* Experience managing mixed engineering organizations including local, remote, and vendor resources.
* Experience building and managing technical teams, including hiring and mentoring developers.
* Experience collaborating with, and giving guidance to, technical leads.
* An excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* A proven ability to facilitate consensus across cross-functional teams.
* Comprehension of a variety of Software Development Life Cycle practices including Agile/Scrum.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong work ethic required, sense of humor a plus.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit a resume and a cover letter.
About Age of Learning
Age of Learning is an educational technology and digital learning company that created and continues to develop ABCmouse.com.