Age of Learning
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of 500+ individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, designers, animators, engineers, and more. We develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 learning app and website for children ages 2 through 8. More than 20 million children worldwide have completed over 4 billion learning activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first educational massively multiplayer online (MMO) game, serving elementary and middle school children with thousands of learning activities in a fun and safe virtual world. Other programs include an immersive English language learning product for children in China; ReadingIQ, a world-class digital library with thousands of curated books; and a groundbreaking adaptive learning system that personalizes math instruction for every learner.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. Through our Education Access Initiatives, we make ABCmouse available at no cost to millions of children through schools, libraries, Head Start programs, and community centers-including public housing authorities and after-school programs.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we're looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We are seeking a full time in-house Unity developer to join our team. This person will be helping us build high performance Unity based applications using existing standards, conventions, and an existing product architecture.
* Develop features and functionality within the AofL Unity platform for deployment to Android and iOS targets
* Identify, design, and develop, new features and components requested by your business team
* Review and provide specs for supporting documentation of the AofL Unity platform
* Participate in team cross training and mentoring of more junior developers
* Integrate Unity Code written by your team members into project codebases to create a fully realized set of features and functionality
* Coordinate with your team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and areas of risk to be considered in project planning
* Collaborate with UI/UX team members to ensure layouts, animations, and graphical assets are efficiently integrated into application features while preserving artistic integrity and performance
* Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned
* Ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
* Proven experience building software with Unity (games or apps), ideally that are consumer facing and content driven
* Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
* Ability to quickly find creative solutions to difficult problems
* Ability to write documented, unit testable, C# code, that is compliant with our company coding conventions and standards
* Strong attention to detail, rigorous in self-testing code and delivering high quality work
* Analytical thinker, capable of translating business requirements, wireframes, etc. into application architecture
* Highly motivated, self-starter
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
* Experience working in Unity 2018.x
* Mobile development experience (iOS and/or Android)
* .NET, C# programmers
About Age of Learning
Age of Learning is an educational technology and digital learning company that created and continues to develop ABCmouse.com.