Age of Learning
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of 500+ individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, designers, animators, engineers, and more. We develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 learning app and website for children ages 2 through 8. More than 20 million children worldwide have completed over 4 billion learning activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first educational massively multiplayer online (MMO) game, serving elementary and middle school children with thousands of learning activities in a fun and safe virtual world. Other programs include an immersive English language learning product for children in China; ReadingIQ, a world-class digital library with thousands of curated books; and a groundbreaking adaptive learning system that personalizes math instruction for every learner.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. Through our Education Access Initiatives, we make ABCmouse available at no cost to millions of children through schools, libraries, Head Start programs, and community centers-including public housing authorities and after-school programs.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we're looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
We are seeking a full time, in-house Senior Software Engineer to join our team. The position will be building and supporting the network architecture using Photon Server and C# / .NET for the educational MMO Adventure Academy.
The ideal candidate has strong C# knowledge along with experience building applications with Photon Server at MMO scale.
* Engineer and support C# Photon Server architecture for multiplayer product
* Identify, design, and develop new features and components requested by your business team
* Review and provide specs for supporting documentation of the Age of Learning Unity / Photon platform
* Participate in team cross training and mentoring of more junior developers
* Coordinate with your team to define development timeframes, dependencies, and areas of risk to be considered in project planning
* Strong C# abilities, Inversion of Control / Dependency Injection
* Knowledge of UDP/ TCP protocols, client-server architecture, and multithreading in game servers
* Experience building server applications with C# and .NET, ideally using Photon Server
* Knowledge of multiplayer server architectures, scalability, and performance
* Experience working with Cloud based deployment (AWS, Azure, Google)
* Experience with Unity game engine is a huge plus
* Understanding of test-driven development, experience using Moq or NSubstitute
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
About Age of Learning
Age of Learning is an educational technology and digital learning company that created and continues to develop ABCmouse.com.