LiveRamp powers exceptional experiences by making it safe and easy to connect the world's data, people, and applications. We are the industry pace-setter and one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses anywhere-the enabling product behind many of the world's biggest brands and technology platforms.
LiveRamp recently debuted on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: RAMP) as an independent public company. Our fundamentals are exceptional: 30%+ annual revenue growth, $1.7B in cash, no debt, and over 600 customers. And we're growing our team at a record pace. Want to build the future with 750 savvy, curious LiveRampers across the U.S., Europe, and APAC? Join us!
About This Job
LiveRamp is seeking an experienced leader to drive Security Operations functional area of the organization. This role will report to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and work with cross-functional teams and external parties and will serve as manager for a team responsible for conducting Cyber Security monitoring, Analysis and Response in a 24/7 environment.
* Plan, coordinate, and control/manage the restoration of simple, complex or high impact system problems that occur within the production and corporate environments of LiveRamp's systems.
* Develop strong working relationships with support teams, management and cross functional working groups.
* Ensure appropriate governance over Managed Service Providers, managing and maintaining information security technologies.
* Provide appropriate inputs to the problem management process while supporting other team members in processes and techniques used to manage significant incidents.
* Provide oversight of the 24x7x365 Security Operations Center (SOC) and Security working teams to support security monitoring, protection, and delivery of security services for the organization.
* Own responsibility for overall situational awareness, security posture and continued/active communication and escalation channels between various teams and working groups within the organization, and with external vendors or security service providers.
* Identify SOC and Incident Response processes and standards across the organization.
* Own the critical process steps - detection, validation, containment, remediation, and communication - for security events and incidents such as malware infections, potential compromise, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), etc.
* Drive strategy for Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) and oversee the effectiveness of the technology and process. Involve appropriate tuning, correlation of critical logs, connection to incident response process, and reporting of relevant metrics.
* Lead the Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) by responding to critical security incidents and leading escalation teams with response, containment and remediation.
* Provide guidance to develop, maintain and promote a set of security operations playbooks with internal IT teams and external working groups to effectively trigger and execute the security incident response process.
* Manage the current state of logging and monitoring across infrastructure and applications, maintain a vision of ideal state of logging and monitoring, and drive a prioritized roadmap to reduce the gaps.
* Propose new standards, tools, policies and procedures to improve security, compliance and risk management activities based on security operations findings, or security events or incidents.
* Report status on activities, issues, projects, etc. to senior management, including the effectiveness and efficiency of security activities.
* Collaborate with IT teams and security colleagues to ensure audit readiness, and to prepare for internal and external audits.
* Handle conflict situations and make critical decisions while driving incident response.
* Five years minimum experience in three or more of the following:
* Cybersecurity operations and maintenance environment
* Implementation and/or maintenance of Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) in the cloud
* Network/System traffic/event analysis
* Intrusion Detection/Prevention Monitoring
* Operating system security (Windows & Linux)
* Network Security technologies
* Penetration testing tool sets
* Three years minimum experience with Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management processes.
* Experience in penetration testing, threat intelligence and detection of incidents / network monitoring.
* Excellent relationship building skills with stakeholders, vendors and suppliers.
* Understanding of existing and emerging technologies.
* Experience of being a member of Cyber Incident Response teams (as a member, or leader).
* Experience of working in GCP (Google Cloud Platform) with large organizations in the technology industry.
* Knowledge of security applications or processes in Desktop operating systems (both Linux and Windows based)
* Deep technical skills with IDS/IPS, infrastructure and application logging, and incident management.
* Ability to effectively articulate true risk - avoiding tendencies toward fear, uncertainty, and doubt - and the priority of potential remediations.
* Organizational skills to track opportunities / problems and remediation / actions; proven analytical and problem solving ability while being cool under pressure and diplomatic.
* Consultancy experience and/or people management skills.
Experience & Education (required)
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Security or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
* Process management experience with incident response, SIEM (Security Incident and Event Monitoring), and Threat Intelligence.
* Experience with Cloud security implementation and Cloud monitoring such as CASB, Cloud DLP, Cloud SIEM.
* Experience with and confidence to develop and socialize security operations playbooks across infrastructure and application teams in IT.
* 2+ years of supervisory/management experience including preparing and managing a significant operating budget.
Experience & Education (preferred)
* Master's Degree/Doctorate in Information Technology, Computer Science, Security or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
* Security Certifications related to SIEM and / or security incident monitoring e.g., GCIA, GCIH, CEH.
* People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
* Competitive and comprehensive salary package
* Food - Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
* Fun - We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
* Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
* Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco - the best city in the world, and take advantage of our commuter benefits.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
LiveRamp (formerly Acxiom Corporation) is a data onboarder, empowering marketers to use their customer database in their choice of online advertising platforms for targeting, ROI measurement, content optimization, and more.