SIGINT/EW System Engineer
Req #: 222839
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Responsible for applying interdisciplinary engineering skills in the technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for complex solutions or products. These solutions or products typically encompass non-information technology related engineering or scientific disciplines and may require hardware, aerospace, communications, cyber, electrical, manufacturing, mechanical, or other specialized engineering domain knowledge. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
What You'll Get to Do:
As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for engaging in design, development, test, and delivery of our products in support of our advanced systems. You will be working within multi-disciplinary hardware, software, system integration, and data analysis/collection teams who are creating systems in support of the Department of Defense and other Intelligence Community agencies. You will translate customer requirements into technical requirements and specifications while coordinating our cross-functional development team to ensure we continue to deliver timely and impactful products to our customers, participating in field test events as necessary.
Offices for this position are in Sterling, VA OR Austin, TX.
More About the Role:
* Lead Program and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to ensure execution of near and long term technical objectives.
* Lead coordination of multidisciplinary technical teams.
* Generate technical content of white paper and act as primary point of contact for proposal development as required.
* Lead technical execution of mid-sized enterprise projects. This includes defining and tracking activities ranging from systems engineering, software/hardware development, test/QA and final deployment on customer platforms to include cost and schedule responsibilities.
* Own cost-schedule-performance-risk of assigned projects.
* Manage risks, identify issues, and develop mitigation plans.
* Generate polished briefings to support and lead engineering design reviews such as System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Design Reviews (PDR/CDR) and Program Management Reviews (PMRs).
* Develop and/or gather information to generate technical documents and reports necessary to support deliverables as required.
* Produce/author derived system requirements and system specifications from High Level Mission Requirements.
* Perform engineering tradeoffs analysis and develop Course(s) of Action (COAs) using existing constraints/guidelines.
* Lead the establishment and continuing coordination of Development Operations (DevOps) pipelines for product teams.
* Spearhead continuous process improvement while exhibiting the ability to identify waste in the system and improve the overall process to reduce wasted time and redundancy.
* US Citizenship is required along with active TS/SCI security clearance
* Bachelor's degree in an STEM discipline (Engineering - Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Software, Math, Physics) from an accredited University with minimum 10 years of professional experience ideally with DoD organization or Contractor
* Experience throughout an entire hardware/software product development lifecycle.
* Exposure to standard DoD System Engineering Process and terms such as Interface Control Documents (ICDs), System Requirements Documents (SRD), Capability Development Documents (CDDs), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Customer Acceptance, Program Management Review (PMR).
* Experience in a DoD Prime Contractor capacity.
* Experience in subsystem integration into a larger system (e.g. aircraft, ground vehicle, ship).
* Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering.
* Experience with iterative development lifecycle methodologies such as Agile/Scrum or Kanban.
* Exposure to unmanned or manned C4ISR systems and or principles.
* Exposure to GPS systems/INS Systems.
* Exposure to SIGINT Systems.
* Exposure to networking principles and/or experience with classified networks.
* Understanding of the certification and accreditation process for classified networks.
* Exposure and or interest in Project Management PMP and experience with EVMS.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.