Network Engineer (Active TS/SCI)(Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 220416
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
Bit Systems, a CACI , Inc. Company, is seeking a journeyman Network Engineer to join the Sterling, VA team.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Work with a fast-paced, technically diverse team that develops and supports infrastructure for software-based signal processing applications.
* Build and maintain switches, implement network changes, troubleshoot network configuration and hardware issues, create and maintain required documentation, and verify connectivity of new systems and any implemented firewall changes.
* Interface with both internal teams as well as external customer support organizations.
* Play a key role for recommending future network designs and purchases for the program, duties and responsibilities
* Build and deliver new switches both in factory and to customer locations
* Troubleshoot network-related issues both in factory and at customer locations
* Maintain switch operating systems, including patching critical vulnerabilities
* Work closely with program security team to address and document switch configurations
* Create and update documentation, such as network diagrams, wiring diagrams, rack elevations, etc.
* Assist with creation/checkout of firewall change requests
* Diagnose hardware failures, repairing failed equipment
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* 4+ years of professional networking experience
* Bachelor's Degree or 6 additional years of networking experience to substitute for degree
* Cisco switch/router experience (NEXUS and Catalyst)
* Configuration of L2 multicast including IGMP queries
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Able to setup/rack equipment and run cabling
* Familiarity with Linux-based network tools
* Active Security+ Certification
* Must have good organizational and time-management skills
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with HPE and DELL servers
* Familiarity with security requirements for classified environments
* Experience with VMware ESXi and Linux environments
* Familiarity with TACACS configuration
* Experience with Intelligence Community WAN network
* Cisco Certified Network Associate
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.