SQL Sever Database Administrator
Req #: 222511
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: DOJ MBI
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
* Design, enhance and maintain databases. Monitor and improve database performance and capacity of existing enterprise database systems (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL).
* Monitor database performance and plan for future expansion of database systems, as well as manage and maintain all production and non-production databases.
* Ensure that database systems are safeguarded and implement necessary security measures to ensure data integrity.
* Responsible for controlling privileges and permissions to databases and for standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, and access and security administration.
* Create or modify database objects and/or write SQL code in support of application
* Perform data integration tasks.
* Assist with upgrading database for new version release.
* Perform database server migrations in order to replace outdated or underperforming database servers.
* Create a monthly report that provides update on status, work completed, work in progress, short-term goals, and other relevant project information.
* Assists in the operations and maintenance of relational or non-relational database management systems, search servers, or analytics servers.
* Designing data storage structures;
* Creating and tuning indexes to facilitate data retrieval;
* Syncing data across data sources or platforms; archiving data using vendor-specific tools; and working with Senior System Administrators or System Administrators to applying software upgrades and patches.
* 5-7 experience and a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, mathematics, or engineering, or a mathematics-intensive discipline, or an applicable training certificate from an accredited institution desired.
* Must have at least one year of hands-on, successful experience in actually doing the work in a SQL Server environment.
* Experience installing, configuring, and upgrading the system, as well as supporting and troubleshooting applications deployed on that platform.
* Experience using such systems and performing such tasks in a litigation support environment is extremely helpful.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
* Minimum of 12 months of experience in database administration of Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and MySQL, SQL programming, and technical documentation.
* Minimum of 12 months of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
* Moderate understanding and experience with T-SQL query development.
* Microsoft Technology Associate: Database certification desired
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.