The Identity Division is responsible for the cloud identity solutions underlying Microsoft's cloud services including Azure and Office 365. As a Service Engineer for Microsoft's Identity Infrastructure team, you will be an instrumental piece of the team responsible for operational delivery of the identity backbone, including a multi-datacenter Azure hybrid architecture and multiple target market instances of cloud identity services.
As a candidate for this position you will be an expert troubleshooter and solution oriented engineer (Dev-ops, Site Reliability Engineering), who demonstrates excellent technical integration and optimization track record and are meticulous about technical project ownership and delivery. You are the type of person who values mutual success and collaborative wins, is willing to be mentored and comfortable teaching others what you know, are able to be professional but firm to deliver data supported decisions to help run services. Your expertise in networking, incident and crisis management, deployment of infrastructure and applications, debugging, scripting and automation, identity services, analytics applied to service generated data, and managing services in the cloud are not just vocabulary, these are the tools you know in and out and leverage every day to deliver world class identity services to Microsoft customers. If you're looking for a challenging environment to take the skills you're already demonstrating to the next level, this may be the opportunity for you.
* 3+ years industry experience of software development or service engineering or related fields
* BS Computer Science or related degree
* Managing large scale, enterprise services with baremetal and cloud or hybrid characteristics.
* Scripting and Automation of routine service management tasks through your own, scalable code.
* Technical documentation and presentation skills (you will need to sell others on some of your work)
* Integration and problem solving capabilities across the service stack from baremetal hardware to Azure APIs that expose services to customers.
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ownership and optimization of deployment, monitoring, compliance and other service management tasks through automation
Response and analysis of complex multi-datapoint/correlated incidents and management through resolution
Identification of service improvement areas that require cross discipline engagement
Technical documentation and communications
Periodic 24x7 on call rotations
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.