Do you want to participate in creating and delivering the next generation of technologies to automate private and public cloud infrastructures? Do you love to contribute to open source technologies and communities across the globe? Do you want to be part of a high-energy and creative team that is currently impacting millions of customers across the planet?
The Linux Systems Group is building the Linux based technologies at Microsoft, and we are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our team. If you are interested in working on Linux or open source projects at Microsoft, this is the job for you!
* BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of experience in system-level development of Linux and/or Windows platforms
* Technical expertise and contributions to open source projects
* Strong aptitude in architecting, designing, developing, debugging, and delivering products
* Technical passion, avid learner, terrific problem-solving skills, ability to work independently
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with external teams (open source, partners, customers, standards)
* Passionate about partnering with customers
* Experience in Linux distro management - familiarity to upstream developments, monitoring upstream changes, integration, upstreaming, backporting
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Our team plays a key leadership role in Azure by driving Linux and open source technologies, solutions and strategy. In this role, you will work closely with internal and external customers, coordinate design and coding across multiple projects, and partner with independent teams in disparate geographic locations. You will work closely with upstream open source projects, representing Microsoft as a strong community partner and contributor. You will be working on research and development in cutting edge accelerations and optimizations to power future public and private clouds. You will define and push the limits of innovative technologies -- working with the latest hardware, the largest servers, and even larger datacenters.
If you love to solve the large-scale enterprise issues and enjoy working on system-level design and implementations, this is the right place for you! Come and join us to build our next generation Cloud Infrastructure together, which will have significant impact on millions of customers across the planet!
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.