Are you interested in helping the Cloud + AI division deliver an AI development platform for Microsoft? The ML Platform team is rapidly growing to deliver a platform to support both the deep requirements of Microsoft first party needs and the breadth of our Azure customers through Azure, Visual Studio Code, and OSS projects.
You will be helping flagship products such as Windows, Office, Outlook & Bing with their rapidly growing machine learning powered functionality and delivering products such as Azure Machine Learning and ML.NET. You will be working closely with or on projects in some of the most exciting areas of AI @Microsoft - Standards such as ONNX, OSS projects such as TensorFlow & PyTorch and Kubernetes, languages such as Python and C# and hardware incl. GPUs and FPGAs.
To be successful in this role, you should have production experience in building services for a demanding technical community, interest and familiarity with machine learning model training and inference and finally have led a product feature set to delivery and customer success via adoption. Experience with developer evangelism and/or building Azure based services a huge plus!
In addition, you demonstrate core Product manager skills of leadership, developing product roadmaps, integrate internal and external partners in development, and the ability to inspire the team and customers around your product vision.
You should be comfortable working with a diverse group of passionate engineers spanning U.S. and our team in China.
* Demonstrated customer focused innovation
* Strong problem solving skills and cross-group collaboration skills are required.
* 5+ years of Program Management, Product Management, engineering, machine learning or opensource experience
* Fluent in English, both oral and written
* Strong communication skills and interpersonal awareness to work collaboratively with a diverse set of people across groups and organizational levels
* BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Define the vision and roadmap for core AI platform features
* Develop the detailed product plan by writing specifications, when required, prototypes, and collaborate with engineering on the product architecture.
* Work across PM/Dev disciplines in your team as well as with partner teams in Redmond and Beijing
* Travel to Beijing 1-2 times/year
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.