Are you fascinated with finding new ways for millions of users to connect, communicate and live their lives? Are you interested in helping every person on the planet to achieve more? Are you obsessed with creating products that are simple, useful, and delightful? So are we.
Outlook empowers people through communication and collaboration. Hundreds of millions use Outlook daily - we are on a mission to make it a billion. This mission takes us to meet our customers where they are: on all platforms (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Web) and through all service providers (Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) .
We are looking for a skilled engineer with passion for the communications space. On the Outlook Desktop team, we are making broad investments in the product to win end-user love. From enhancing the most-used Office product, Outlook, transforming it into the best service-based client experience available to creating all new experiences, we will be the engine that powers how humans interact with each other. We will drive all of our enhancements by understanding our customers in a way that we have never done before. By doubling-down on real-time monitoring and in-app support, we will enable a much faster ship cadence than has ever been possible in such a high-volume product. As such, good collaboration skills and experience designing infrastructure is strongly preferred.
* Impeccable engineering fundamentals with a desire to learn more
* A drive for technical excellence and quality
* Strong customer focus with a passion for delivering delightful experiences
* Excellent team-oriented collaboration skills
* Track record and strong results driving large group-wide deliverables
* Multiple iterations owning and developing features end-to-end
* 9+ yrs of relevant experience in the high-tech industry
* Professional experience writing object-oriented code in native-code C++.
* Excellent debugging skills. Experience with post-mortem debugging.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the
Accommodation request form
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Lead efforts to improve the technical roadmap for the aforementioned communications infrastructure.
* Drive planning to discover where investments need to be made and to understand the customer
* Use technical depth to brainstorm solutions, research alternatives, build prototypes
* Investigate possible design directions and new technologies
* Develop and/or review an engineering plan including core design, unit test, and relevant telemetry
* Implement the solution
* Validate, stabilize, and deliver the feature
* Monitor telemetry to continue to flight and validate the feature in various audiences (Team, Division, Microsoft, Insiders, Production)
* Help diagnose service health and outages
* Enhance engineering and team culture in a durable and meaningful way
* Drive collaboration between teams and across orgs
Outlook is the attention center for productivity and has the highest engagement of all Microsoft products. We're looking for people who share our passion and belief that the best technology is simple, beautiful, and usable - and that our users deserve the absolute best experience we can build.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.