Are you excited about working on a new AI product that augments humans who need to reason with unstructured information?
The AI Architecture & Strategy team is well on its way to create this breakthrough product in long-term partnership with a handful of the largest enterprises globally. The product harvests, creates and harnesses a diverse range of AI models and automatically makes their output intelligible to humans on demand. Our product design point is to help people make sense of information buried in mountains of documents, conversations, photos, videos, 2D and 3D scans, molecular and genetic representations, and emerging device and sensor signals.
Our design team is looking for a strong UX designer who is comfortable building a product from the ground up. Our team strives to deliver designs with thoughtfulness and simplicity in the complex world of AI and machine learning. Bring your visual talents and make a big impact at the crossroads of AI and design. Work alongside designers, research scientists, and engineers - taking breakthrough ideas and turning them into one-of-a-kind product experiences.
Successful candidates must have:
* 5+ years of industry experience in interactive and/or visual design
* Bachelor's degree in Design (or related field) or equivalent professional experience
* Proficiency in a variety of modern design tools
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to start projects with minimal direction
* Ability to operate at a high level around product strategy and vision
* Portfolio that demonstrates individual and team efforts to design products end-to-end
* Experience designing cloud-based software and services
* Experience working on AI or ML based products
* Experience with design systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Designer on the team, you will:
* Bring strong user centered design skills, creating solutions that simplify the complex world of AI
* Be able to mentor other designers and have the insight to help others grow and learn
* Explore design solutions for various user flows related to business and user research data requirements
* Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually improve the product experience
* Be willing to present UX/UI work to designers, developers, and business stakeholders
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.