Title: Manager - Technical Capabilities
Location: Hoboken, NJ
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology; globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
Reporting to the Director - Technical Product Management, the Technical Capability Manager will have technical responsibility and ownership for the systems, platforms and technologies that deliver Wiley's Author Services Program, providing both technical leadership and swift execution. The Technical Capability Manager will bring best practices and ensure innovation at Wiley by staying abreast of industry trends and understanding new developments in these areas and how they can be used to our best advantage.
* Identify and understand emerging technology trends.
* Focus on the application of technological innovations to customer facing applications
* Introduce appropriate technology solutions and ideas, significantly contributing to the overall roadmap for our platforms.
* Educate colleagues on technology industry trends and the benefits and pitfalls of those trends.
* Train development teams on chosen technologies
* Lead the technical implementation of our roadmap.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of our end-to-end technical solutions
* Work cross-functionally with the architecture, development, testing, and project management teams to develop and implement the capabilities as defined by colleagues in our business units
* Balance expediency with re-usability, allowing us to deliver quickly with as little duplication of effort as possible.
* Accurately assess technical risks and issues associated with each project and systematically manage and report on them.
* Maintain the health of all applications owned by the Author Services team.
* Understand the business importance of systems and technology services. Provide appropriate technology support and leadership to maintain a high level of service.
* Review current systems and implement recommendations to increase stability, reliability, and availability while reducing overall costs.
* Consult with business stakeholders as to priorities and feasibility of necessary system enhancements.
* Create, manage, and communicate to all stakeholders, timetables for system enhancements and releases.
* Educated to University Degree level or equivalent training in the technology arena.
* The candidate will have strong technical development background in at least one relevant technology.
* The candidate will have experience of work management and planning across multiple agile teams.
* Technical problem solving
* In depth knowledge of modern systems design. Considerable programming experience.
* Self-motivated. Willingness and ability to embrace change and to adapt new strategies on the fly. Ability to understand new technologies quickly.
* Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.
Wiley (also known as John Wiley & Sons) is a company developing digital education, learning, assessment, and certification solutions.