John Wiley & Sons
Title: SAP QTC Applications Systems Specialist
Location: Hoboken, NJ
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology; globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
Reporting to the Director, ERP QTC, this role has responsibility for core SAP ECC with focus on SAP QTC implementation. The focus of this role is to ensure the Wiley SAP solution development aligned to SAP best practices. Expert level knowledge in SAP Order to Cash with respect to publishing industry, Integration with other SAP Modules like FICO, Material management, Production Planning. Good knowledge of Revenue Recognition and Intercompany processes.
* Guide the business in utilizing the SAP platform functionality to the best extent possible, including the review of business processes and system integration challenges.
* Within SAP SD, work with the Application Architects and the business to successfully perform gap analysis for medium to complex projects and to translate the business requirements and business processes into functional design specifications for SAP SD configuration and custom SAP development work.
* Expert level SAP QTC configuration skills.
* Provide expertise to help design the Global Template for QTC processes based on SAP best practices for QTC. Good knowledge of Inventory management and Accounting integration during QTC processes.
* Partner with Customer Service, Distribution and other Digital fulfillment systems as well user community to ensure successful and timely capturing of business requirements.
* Provide SAP SD/ LE knowledge and advice to the Master Data Consultants and Change Management Experts as appropriate.
* Review and approve training material for the business key users & conduct key user training. Support the business key users in developing work instructions & conducting end user training
* Manage prototyping, blueprinting, design, build, test, documentation and post go-live support including interfaces & cross module integration.
* Fully understand and master all the end-to-end, cross-functional and integrated business processes related to the SAP SD module, including integrations with extended business systems
* Ensure quality and best practices in each SAP functional domain by driving and adhering to the Wiley SAP global solution template, SAP standards, knowledge base & best practices
* Guide the business in utilizing the SAP platform functionality to the best extent possible, including the review of business processes and system integration challenges. Manage the interplay between Wiley processes and the SAP configuration.
* Partner with Business Process leads on process requirements and work with the SI to ensure a SAP solution in line with SAP best practices.
* Provide functional design oversight for the solution.
* Validate and ensure detailed scope per deployment roadmap and ensure all integration points are addressed and overall solution integrity of the landscape
* Accountable for the quality of the SAP Solution implemented for OTC
* Look for alternative approaches to SAP custom development.
* Create functional specifications, test plans, user training, cutover plans and other project documentation
* Conduct technical overviews and software capability demonstrations for business process owners and leads as required and train SAP Super users, business process owners and business process leads.
* Escalate issues to Director ERP QTC
* Bachelor's degree in finance and/or computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
* Proven business acumen in SAP OTC and cross SAP modules.
* 12 plus years of SAP experience
* Managed SAP implementation/support team
* Good communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with business stakeholders and development teams and to make project presentations
* Excellent time-management skills and ability to plan ahead for scheduled tasks
* Ability to train a non-technology audience
* Thorough understanding of the project life cycle from requirements Definition through Post Implementation Support
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Extremely proficient in the use of MS Office products such as Project, Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
* Versatile, dynamic, demonstrates initiative, results oriented, flexible and able to work under tight deadlines
* Critical thinker with good judgment and initiative
* Strong attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment
* Willingness to work outside of normal business hours to meet program milestones and travel on occasion
* Experience in collaboration in a matrix-managed environment, and across multiple and diverse groups.
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.
About John Wiley & Sons
John Wiley & Sons operates as a research and learning company worldwide.
John Wiley & Sons