We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology; globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for hands-on supervision of a team of Quality Engineers. Testing activities encompass functional (including regression) and integration testing. Test automation will be a part of testing activities. Knowledge of and experience with Agile, DevOps and test case automation using Selenium/UFT is desirable. The position requires daily interaction with globally diverse teams. The candidate will need to be hands on and participate in testing as needed. Pertinent subject knowledge as required.
Test Strategy and Planning
* Planning and assigning all Testing activities for the team * Preparing, implementing, and maintaining all test deliverables including but not limited to test plans, test scenarios, and test cases
Test Analysis and Reporting
* Analyse and assign a large variety of issues to ensure smooth and quick resolution through the development lifecycle * Manage all testing activities on complex web and legacy architectures * Provide proper level of communicating up accomplishments, issues, and suggested ways of resolving these issues
Team Resource Management
* Recruitment and mentoring team members * Maintaining the off-shore resource numbers determined by QE management
Test tool suite configuration and administration
* Knowledge of and experience with tool sets necessary for requirements management, test management, and issues tracking
Test Release Management
* Understanding of the role of gate keeper of the Test environment and fulfilling this role * Track new revisions, builds, and components deployments to QE environments
* BS in Computer science or related field * At least 5 years of quality assurance experience * At least 3 years of managing a globally disbursed teams quality engineers team * Profound knowledge and significant experience with structured risk-based testing * A background in testing of web-based and legacy applications * Experience in managing teams * Experience delivering solution in a fast-paced dynamic environment * Design, implementation and maintenance of all test artefacts * Good knowledge of test management and issues tracking systems * Requirements management, test management, and issues tracking tool from at least one manufacturer: * JIRA * TestRail * Automation tool from at least one manufacturer: * Selenium/TestNG * HP UFT * API based Automation tool from at least one manufacturer: * SOAPUI * JMeter * Periodic status reports on test progress for the projects adopted for QE testing. * Strong verbal and written communications * Ability to set high standards and stick by them * Critical thinking and analysis * Meeting facilitation * Good organizational skills
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.
About John Wiley And Sons
Wiley (also known as John Wiley & Sons) is a company developing digital education, learning, assessment, and certification solutions.