We are looking for a talented Systems Engineer to help maintain and expand our existing VMware deployment and troubleshoot problems as they arise. With a focus on automating our processes to reduce the potential for human error. The ideal candidate will be able to prioritize work between long running projects and day to day tasks. Skytap is a growing company with a team of highly technical very dedicated engineers providing a public cloud service.
* Install and Configure VMware vSphere servers and routinely test for problems.
* Build ansible playbooks for configuration and automation of VMware and associated services.
* Evaluating performance of VMware infrastructure and capacity management.
* Improving monitoring with tools like Zabbix, Influx, Grafana.
* Log analysis, general troubleshooting and diagnosis.
* Design and implement security, and permissions models in VMware vSphere.
* Design and implement tools utilizing Powercli, Pyvmomi, and Ansible.
* Will work closely with other teams to provide direction and technical leadership.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent experience required.
* 4+ years experience as a systems engineer and IT support required.
* Proven track record of success in installation, maintenance, management of VMWare infrastructure.
* Experience with Powercli, Python and Ansible preferred.
* VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) preferred.
Why Join Us?
Since our founding in Seattle 13 years ago, our employees have been organically creating a culture defined by their passion, technical excellence, and desire to succeed as a team. These values have helped us navigate more than a decade of disruption in the tech industry and we're now poised for major growth.
Staying true to who we are as we grow and change means hiring people who share our commitment to customer success and company-wide accountability. We empower each employee to make an impact, to be active ambassadors of diversity and inclusivity, and to play an active role in building a company worthy of our employees' commitment.
We are scaling rapidly and gaining significant market traction. We have raised over $100M in funding, having closed our Series E round in August 2017. Our public cloud service was designed to solve a specific challenge -- migrate and modernize traditional enterprise applications in the cloud -- that is now paramount to CIOs worldwide. Major enterprises in healthcare, retail, media and more depend on Skytap Cloud to compete in the digital economy. We have differentiated, protected technology that decidedly solves an urgent challenge for enterprise IT. And we need more talented people to solve ever-larger customer challenges.
At Skytap we believe that great people build a great company. Skytap is committed to providing an inclusive, positive working environment for all employees, regardless of sexual orientation, ableness, physical appearance, education, age, race, or religion. We're looking for amazing people to join our mission--come be a part of building something great!
Skytap is the company offering a public service for cloud computing.