Skytap is looking for a talented Systems Engineer to join our Shared Services team. As a member of this team, you will work with other highly skilled and experienced engineers to design and implement software and solutions that are effective, efficient, and a pleasure to use. You will work to modernize and improve the reliability of multiple key internal services.
Our services and infrastructure are built primarily with open source systems and languages including Linux, Puppet, Python and Ruby, and we use our own product to power the dev and test cycle (that's right - we run Skytap in Skytap. Inception FTW.)
We're looking for someone who:
* Can take on full lifecycle ownership of services (development, testing, deployment, operations)
* Has experience working with large, complex distributed systems
* Has interest in data collection, transport, aggregation, and visualization
* Has software development experience using languages such as Python, Ruby, Golang, or Elixir
* Can work with stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements and turn that into a working design
* Can support our internal customers in leveraging the technologies and tools that we provide
* Can communicate interesting findings to a wide audience
* Has knowledge of and experience with securing applications and systems to meet ISO 27001/ PCI compliance requirements a plus
Some technologies you will be working with:
* ELK stack
* 389 Directory Server
* Influxdata (TICK) stack: telegraf, influxdb, kapacitor
* Hashicorp Vault
Skytap is the only public cloud designed specifically for the enterprise. We help businesses achieve their Cloud and DevOps migration strategies faster. Skytap uniquely enables lift-and-shift of traditional datacenter-native applications into the cloud with minimal technical changes. Once in Skytap, customers can instantly clone, share, and manage complete working application environments, enabling them to modernize software delivery cycles and application architectures.
Why Join Us?
Since our founding in Seattle 13 years ago, our employees have been organically creating a culture defined by their passion, technical excellence, and desire to succeed as a team. These values have helped us navigate more than a decade of disruption in the tech industry and we're now poised for major growth.
Staying true to who we are as we grow and change means hiring people who share our commitment to customer success and company-wide accountability. We empower each employee to make an impact, to be active ambassadors of diversity and inclusivity, and to play an active role in building a company worthy of our employees' commitment.
We are scaling rapidly and gaining significant market traction. We have raised over $100M in funding, having closed our Series E round in August 2017. Our public cloud service was designed to solve a specific challenge -- migrate and modernize traditional enterprise applications in the cloud -- that is now paramount to CIOs worldwide. Major enterprises in healthcare, retail, media and more depend on Skytap Cloud to compete in the digital economy. We have differentiated, protected technology that decidedly solves an urgent challenge for enterprise IT. And we need more talented people to solve ever-larger customer challenges.
At Skytap we believe that great people build a great company. Skytap is committed to providing an inclusive, positive working environment for all employees, regardless of sexual orientation, ableness, physical appearance, education, age, race, or religion. We're looking for amazing people to join our mission--come be a part of building something great!
Skytap offers public service for cloud computing.