Skytap is looking for a talented Senior Network Engineer to join our team. Skills and experience will contribute to the strong foundation that is the Skytap network infrastructure. Automation, scalability, and repeatability are our focus, requiring a strong desire to script and code where it makes sense.
Skytap Cloud is designed for the traditional applications every business depends on. Our customers want to innovate faster. They need a path from today to tomorrow, from core applications trapped on-premises to agile cloud infrastructure and development. That path embraces hybrid applications that take the best of traditional applications and modernizes them with capabilities that only Skytap Cloud provides. We give enterprises the power to accelerate innovation by modernizing their most important applications.
* Design, implement, and automate network solutions
* Partner with development teams on product enhancements
* Define the physical and virtual infrastructure pieces for future Skytap data center deployments
* Troubleshoot complex network problems across multiple data centers, while also working closely with our providers.
* Improve processes, procedures, and documentation, with a focus on keeping it simple
* Evaluate new network technologies and enhancements
* Ability to analyze infrastructure usage and plan for growth across network elements (physical and virtual)
* Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation with other team members
* Experience and desire to be working in a nimble, self-directed, high impact team
* 5+ years experience working with production environments
* Experience running IaaS or PaaS services
* Strong routing, switching skills: Juniper, Cisco
* Some experience with F5 load balancers
* Good understanding of complex network designs, including virtualized environments, with a focus on security
* Some experience with scripting (Python preferred)
* Strong customer service focus
* Enjoy working with internal and external teams, with a strong focus on teamwork
Why Join Us?
Since our founding in Seattle 13 years ago, our employees have been organically creating a culture defined by their passion, technical excellence, and desire to succeed as a team. These values have helped us navigate more than a decade of disruption in the tech industry and we're now poised for major growth.
Staying true to who we are as we grow and change means hiring people who share our commitment to customer success and company-wide accountability. We empower each employee to make an impact, to be active ambassadors of diversity and inclusivity, and to play an active role in building a company worthy of our employees' commitment.
We are scaling rapidly and gaining significant market traction. We have raised over $100M in funding, having closed our Series E round in August 2017. Our public cloud service was designed to solve a specific challenge -- migrate and modernize traditional enterprise applications in the cloud -- that is now paramount to CIOs worldwide. Major enterprises in healthcare, retail, media and more depend on Skytap Cloud to compete in the digital economy. We have differentiated, protected technology that decidedly solves an urgent challenge for enterprise IT. And we need more talented people to solve ever-larger customer challenges.
At Skytap we believe that great people build a great company. Skytap is committed to providing an inclusive, positive working environment for all employees, regardless of sexual orientation, ableness, physical appearance, education, age, race, or religion. We're looking for amazing people to join our mission--come be a part of building something great!
Skytap is the company offering a public service for cloud computing.