OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
* No visa sponsorship available for this position*
As part of OneWeb's Cloud and DevOps Transformation, I'm seeking DevOps Engineers to deliver a game-changing customer experience across all customer touch points, with a focus on cloud engineering, service adoption framework and observability. You are an experienced CI/CD engineer in an individual contributor role to help with. We are hiring this person because our organization has multiple, independent deployment pipelines that need consolidation or resiliency upgrades.
* Collaborate with multiple development teams and lead CI/CD implementations
* Build CI/CD automation for current and future software applications
* Mentor less experienced engineers and lead by example
* Raise the bar for technical excellence
* Our code management practices as well as the build/release processes. Help establish best practices
* Building/improving common parts of our DevOps pipelines (across all our applications), establish a community of practice within ECI for DevOps
* Mentor/code-review less experienced DevOps ICs reporting into his/her partner teams within ECI.
* This engineer will be hands on reviewing and writing code 80% of the time, and 20% coordinating/mentoring..
* Focus on the customer and the details that make their experience exceptional
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
* Collaborate with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in a full-stack development tools and technologies
* Possess a strong sense of engineering quality and takes pride in the code they're responsible for while defining best practices as our teams abide by a You Build It, You Own It attitude
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
* At least 3 years of experience in automated delivery and developing automation workflows and routines in the public cloud
* 2 + years of experience with Docker, ECS or Kubernetes
* 2+ years of experience with Python
* At least 3 years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery
* At least 3 years of experience with Linux, server automation and scripting
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect and SysOps Admin
* 2+ years of experience working with Agile Development Practices
* 3+ years of programming experience with automation or development in Go, Java, Python, Ruby, or equivalent
* 2+ years of experience with AWS Lambda
* 2+ years of experience with Chef or Ansible
* 3+ years of experience Production Support experience in Linux environments
* 3+ years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering environment. Strong grasp of automation and monitoring tools (ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting).
* Ability to define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems
OneWeb is a manufacturer of a satellites constellation intended to provide global broadband access.