OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
* No visa sponsorship available for this position*
The Cloud & Enterprise IT (CEIT) team is looking for an experienced Incident Manager in the US to join our 24x7x365 global support team responsible for coordinating timely restoration of business-critical services and drive defect elimination across the environment.
The CEIT Incident Management Team acts as an escalation point for high severity outages to coordinate technical resolvers, provide timely status updates to leadership and customers, perform hierarchical escalations, and partner with service owners on post-mortem analysis.
* Command, manage, and deliver customer and executive communications for critical incidents and outages affecting our enterprise customers, providing timely, professional, clear, and accurate updates throughout an incident
* Triage, troubleshoot, and provide technical support and guidance to our Enterprise customers operations and support staff on critical issues with enterprise products and services, consistently demonstrating customer focus, ownership, and process adherence
* Lead investigation into challenging escalations, collaborating with Engineering and Operations teams, third party partners/vendors, and customers, and drive them to restoration/resolution quickly and effectively
* Actively participate in failed change reviews and root cause analysis sessions to identify and analyse failures in processes, systems, and code, and drive incremental improvements to our overall incident management expertise through process creation, tool building, and communications enhancements and refinements
* You are an experienced Incident Manager in an individual contributor or manager role that understands the importance of being Always On
* You can focus on the customer and the details that make their experience exceptional
* You possess strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to interact with leaders and customers at all levels of the organization, broad working knowledge of IT infrastructure, and the ability to manage competing priorities while operating under pressure
Required Skills & Experience:
* 3-5 years of IT Support experience triaging large-scale enterprise environment
* Manage multiple enterprise system issues, including corporate sites with significant impact
* Serve as leader and point of contact for escalated contact resolution of a business impacting or sensitive nature
* Independently identifies and implements process improvements geared toward improving the user experience or organizational efficiencies
* Experience in systems and network administration
* Broad understanding of Incident and Problem Management
* Experience with Change management best practices
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
* Broad working knowledge of IT infrastructure
* Strong analytical and project management skills
* Ability to manage competing priorities and operate under pressure
* Ability to adjust schedule based on business need
* Ability to travel up to 10%
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
* ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
* Experience in systems and network administration
* Intermediate to advanced skills working with Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
* Intermediate to advanced skills working with Remedy
* Intermediate to advanced skills working with BI reporting tools
OneWeb is a manufacturer of a satellites constellation intended to provide global broadband access.