OneWeb's mission is to enable Internet access for everyone, everywhere. We want to see the next generation even more connected than the last, and to create opportunities for people today to access the opportunities made possible through the Internet. To fulfill our mission, OneWeb is revolutionizing the satellite industry and building a global communications network with a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide connectivity to people around the world. OneWeb is creating business solutions for Broadband, Government and Cellular Backhaul. Its high speed, low latency network will offer game-changing Mobility solutions to industries that rely on global connectivity, such as Aviation, Maritime, Automotive, Trains, and more.
We have more than $3 billion invested from incredible partners including SoftBank, Qualcomm, Grupo Salinas, Airbus, Virgin, Coca-Cola and more. We have signed our first customer contracts, we have ground infrastructure in Canada, Italy, Norway with more on the way and in February of 2019, we successfully launched our first six satellites into space. OneWeb is making incredible progress toward reaching our mission and we are looking for more, very talented individuals to help make it a reality.
If building the infrastructure to connect people everywhere is something you would like to make happen, then joining OneWeb may be a great personal and career move. We can provide an intellectually challenging workplace and fast growing opportunity with a clear purpose. Come join the team that is making communication ubiquitous on a global scale.
Reporting directly to the Chief Security Engineer (CSE), working alongside other members of the CSE's team, as well as the Architecture and Operations functions, the Lead Security Engineer will ensure secure engineering practices are in place across all parts of the enterprise, as well as support the CSE in delivering shared and central security solutions for use by business areas and the Security Operations team. The Lead Security Engineer's remit is global and cross-function. The Lead Security Engineer's global remit means international travel will be necessary, and the Security Engineering team will be spread across multiple countries (as legal, regulatory and logistic constraints require), primarily in the US and UK, but potentially, elsewhere in the future
* Design, build, delivery, maintenance and ongoing improvement of operational security systems and tools as directed by the CSE;
* Assisting in defining/selecting secure engineering frameworks, standards, patterns and guidelines for use by engineering and development teams across all business segments;
* Working directly with engineering and development teams as required to ensure secure engineering practices are embedded in development, test and operational systems; and
* Providing guidance and educational material to development and engineering teams to support the strategic "secure by design" goal.
* Lead, mentor and manage a team of Security Engineers, including (where required) embedded personnel within business segments, development teams and DevOps functions.
* Help maintain the skills profile of the Security Engineering capability to ensure appropriate input can be provided across all business segments.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and technology trends and developments relevant to security engineering.
* Assist in investigation of specific security technologies, products, methods and techniques to assess their potential benefit to the business.
* Recommend applicable certifications for Security Engineers, and actively support team progression towards those certifications.
* When directed by the CSE, assist in validation of technical aspects of strategic directives and subsequently help design, build and implement associated infrastructure, tools and methodologies.
* Take part in Change Control processes, change proposals/requests and assurance reviews to ensure security engineering aspects are considered and addressed.
* Actively support Security Improvement Programs across the enterprise, both centrally and within business segments.
* Maintain and develop a network of industry contacts to ensure the organisation benefits from the widest possible range of experience and knowledge from others in industry, and in return provides its own share of input to that common body of knowledge.
* Provide input to the CSE's library of Security Engineering documentation, including standards, frameworks, guidance and good practice.
* Contribute to Security Architecture / Security Operations / Governance, Risk and Compliance teams' policies, standards, processes and strategies as required.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Have worked in technical Information Security roles for at least 5 years
* Have led technical security teams
* Have influenced security decision-making at project and program levels
* Possess a wide-ranging technical skillset, including deep understanding in at least one specialist area
* Be aware of the most common security standards, policies and frameworks, from the perspectives of both technical controls and governance/compliance
* Have worked in a variety of different organisations
* Be a good communicator, in both verbal and written form
* Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Be able to prioritize conflicting workloads and work well under pressure, meeting demanding deadlines and professionally managing business expectations
* Focus at all times on business outcomes, and ensure all Security Engineering activity takes place in support of business objectives
* Be well-organised, and able to organize and direct others in their tasks, in order to best support business objectives
* Continually maintain advanced knowledge and awareness in the field of Information Security, and in particular in Security Engineering
* Present a professional image of self and organisation (both Security Engineering and the Information Security Organisation) to manage, develop and facilitate open, constructive and pro-active communication with key business stakeholders
* Ideally have specific experience and knowledge in security aspects of the following technologies:
* Microsoft Windows and Exchange
* Microsoft Office 365
* Microsoft Azure
* Microsoft Security and Compliance Center
* Amazon Web Services (AWS)
No visa sponsorship available for this position
OneWeb is a manufacturer of a satellites constellation intended to provide global broadband access.