EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries-EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems- EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes has an opportunity available for a Senior Principal Engineer for its Germantown, MD headquarters with a proven track record in software engineering, specifically with design, implementation, and integration of high availability, scalable complex embedded networking systems.
* Software design, development, integration and support activities for Networking software
* Technical leadership role, but does not include project management
* Actively participate in systems and protocol design to come up with innovative solutions
* Work with technical leads across teams and disciplines to develop high availability scalable satellite systems
* Mentor, lead and train junior engineers
* Participate in development of automated monitoring tools
* Provide support to operations staff to troubleshoot field issues and develop robust solutions to fix such issues
* B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering / Computer Science
* 15 or more years of work experience in software engineering, with progressively increasing responsibilities
* Demonstrated expertise in IP Networking and TCP/IP protocol suite, including IPv6, L2/L3 switching/routing, and related technologies
* 7+ years of experience developing IP/TCP/UDP applications and/or protocol implementation
* Strong object-oriented design and development skills
* Proficient in C/C++ programming
* Proficient in Multi-threaded application development and inter-process communication
* Demonstrated track record of innovation
* 5+ years of experience developing in Linux environment
* Experience with developing Linux device drivers and Linux kernel modules a plus
* Knowledge or experience in Satellite-based systems a plus
* Experience with developing Wireshark dissectors a plus
* Experience with scripting languages (bash, Python) a plus
* Familiarity with SDN and NFV a plus
* Self-motivated individual with a "can do" attitude and the drive to learn new things
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong technical writing skills to ensure software and technical decisions are described clearly with required illustrations
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
EchoStar is a provider of broadband satellite technologies and broadband Internet services.