EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiaries-EchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems- EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of what's possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes and EchoStar Company is seeking a Senior Windows Engineer to join a highly skilled team in our Germantown, Maryland office.
* Create, maintain, and consolidate Group Policies.
* Windows automation via PowerShell.
* Manage, support and maintain all workstations and laptops custom applications via Microsoft SCCM.
* Expert level experience installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows 10.
* Direct experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud platform technologies.
* Direct experience configuring, maintaining Intune.
* Manage, troubleshoot, and remediate domain related incidents and problems.
* Ensure desktop complies with security policies, by deploying and maintaining Desktop security applications and resolve issues related to workstations and laptops including security issues i.e. virus, spam etc.
* Manage biTlocker Full disk encryption for laptops and tablets
* MBAM administration.
* Diagnose hardware, software, and operator problems and take remedial actions or recommend procedural changes.
* Research and resolve the most difficult and complex problems that other Help Desk levels have been unable to resolve
* Update Active Directory for computer accounts, user accounts, distribution lists and security groups.
* Recommend new desktop standard and configuration to keep current with Microsoft support.
* Provide technical recommendations and guidance to customers and junior desktop engineers.
* Implement advanced scripting using multiple scripting languages and technologies when needed.
* Create Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation.
* Administer all desktop and network printers and print servers.
* Support McAfee Anti-virus solutions for desktops and Beyond Trust for application management.
* MCSE required
* 10+ years supporting MS Windows 10, 8, 7 & XP; building system images using Ghost and Microsoft SCCM; Apple OS; MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and Office Pro Plus; MS Surface, HP, Dell or IBM workstations & Laptops; financial applications; deploying workstations and laptop refresh; full disk encryption for laptops and desktops
* Must be a U.S. person (e.g., U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident) as position requires access to U.S. export restricted materials
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems
* License or certification: CompTIA
* Working knowledge of Cloud (Azure) based Microsoft services.
* Experience with Windows Automation.
* Experience with WMI.
* Strong knowledge of Active Directory/Global Catalogue, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
* Strong knowledge of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS and related troubleshooting.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
EchoStar is a provider of broadband satellite technologies and broadband Internet services.