Search for more jobs
Senior Software Engineer - Self-Paced Online Learning
* Job: 21379-MKAI
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Web Applications and Services
Are you interested in being part of a team building the next generation of Self-Paced Online Learning Services? Does working with a smart talented agile team interests you?
The MathWorks is looking for a smart, creative, talented, driven Software Engineer to join our Self-Paced Online Learning Services team. You will utilize your web development and software engineering skills to lead our online eLearning applications, APIs, and integration framework as we drive our MATLAB and Simulink Online Learning platform forward. You will be part of a small, fast paced team working directly with our training services group, customers, academic institutions, and online learning platform providers.
This Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for development, implementation and support of integrations of the Self-Paced Online Learning platform with other new and existing online learning and grading services at The MathWorks. This individual will actively lead all the project and platform activities and tasks.
* Lead development of new services and features to evolve self-paced online platform to
* Modularize, organize and integrate online learning content
* Enable discovery of online learning content from within and outside of MathWorks
* Integrate online learning content with third-party LTI enabled Learning Management Systems as well as MathWorks hosted online grading platform.
* Develop cloud-based applications and services to support these Online Learning initiatives
* Ensure that the online learning integrations follow the standard release management and change management processes at The MathWorks.
* Work with cross-functional teams to define and document requirements, create technical design/architecture documents and build highly scalable applications.
* Collaborate with User Experience and UI designers to identify and develop online learning workflows.
* Work with Quality Engineers to ensure test cases and plans are appropriately developed and followed.
* Focus on improving performance, availability, and scalability of the platform.
* Collaborate in fast paced Agile environment, supporting a team of online learning and content developers by maintaining and evolving the platform and coaching its proper utilization.
* Mentor new team members, conducting code reviews and design reviews.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Expertise with software development methodology
* Expertise with Java
* Experience with HTML, CSS, AJAX
* Experience with MATLAB is a plus
* Experience with developing MVC web applications using Spring Framework
* Experience with building RESTful APIs
* Experience with Test Driven Development
* Experience with SQL and database concepts
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.