Search for more jobs
Senior Software Engineer
* Job: 21238-DCOL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
Working under the direction of the Engineering Manager, will be responsible for modeling, simulation and code generation of hierarchical state machines and dynamic systems; breaking new ground on Simulink and Stateflow simulation and code generation technologies; participating in all phases of MathWorks design, development, and testing of simulation and code-generation technologies for Simulink and Stateflow; and working on a combination of software engineering and compiler technology for MathWorks code-generation products.
Education and Experience:
Master's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics and two (2) years of experience in job offered or two (2) years of experience in design, testing and technical support of system modeling for Simulink or Stateflow simulation.
Ph.D. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics and no experience.
Bachelor's degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics and six (6) years of experience in job offered or six (6) years of experience in design, testing and technical support of system modeling for Simulink or Stateflow simulation.
* Demonstrated expertise in multi-threaded programming, including data structures and directed graph/tree traversal algorithms; and using object oriented design patterns and programming languages -- C/C++, MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow.
* Demonstrated expertise writing algorithms in C/C++ and MATLAB, including applying graph theory, numerical methods, and Stochastic Analysis to model electrical or simulation systems.
* Demonstrated expertise designing and developing dynamic algorithms for large code base (1M+ lines of code), including performing incremental system integration and version control using Git or Perforce.
* Demonstrated expertise developing and deploying algorithms in C/C++ and MATLAB for computer vision and robotics builds, including functional design and workflow enhancements.
[Experience and/or expertise may be gained during Doctoral program.]
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.