Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You'll Do
As a Sr. Software Engineer for the NextGen Firewall Team, you will be working closely with the Cisco product managers, product owners, leaders, and software engineering teams to drive and execute product feature development and the integration of other Cisco and Non-Cisco complementary products such as Identity Services Engine, Citrix, Microsoft AD, etc.
* Solid Experience in developing flexible, scalable and easy to use REST APIs with design patterns and contemporary Java frameworks like Spring and optionally Hibernate.
* Strong Back-end developer with front-end experience: Java, J2EE(Spring). Knowledge of GOLANG would be a great complement, but not must.
* Knowledge of OOP principles, design patterns and threads.
* Proficient Knowledge of Algorithms and their implementation.
* Team player with good analytical and communication skills. Enthusiastic and highly motivated.
* Exposure and Experience in Agile Development Methodology is a must, with an understanding of different roles in Agile. Desirable to have demonstrated experience of any Agile Role for at least 6 Months (e.g. Scrum Master, Product Owner)
* Familiar with development trends such as frameworks, libraries, design approaches.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with a high-performance team executing in agile development process working with the latest in design, architecture, and technologies.
Who You Are
Java, J2EE (Spring/Hibernate), GoLang (preferred)
REST architecture, REST APIs, SOA, webservices
Database - Neo4j, MySQL
Jenkins, Git, Ant, DevOps
Analytics and Data collection/analysis
VMWare vSphere/ESXi, vCenter, Openstack, Puppet, Chef, Docker
UI Frameworks such as Angular, ReactJS
Apache Jetty, JBoss
BS in Computer Science or related Major with 6+ years of relevant experience, MS in Computer Science or related Major with 4+ years of relevant experience
* Fluency in one or more languages such as Java or GoLang
* Experience working in Unix/Linux operating systems
* Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
* Solid oral and written communication skills
* Cloud' (using IaaS and PaaS) experience desirable
* Configuration management experience with one or more configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision when required
* Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working within small teams
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.