Note: Beyond Austin, Texas, hiring for this role is open to 100% remote workers or those that are interested in working out of any of our core Cisco office locations.
Have you ever had a poor customer experience and thought of a million ways in which it could be improved? Have you ever empathized with those whose job it is to deliver customer experience and imagined how, if properly empowered and motivated, the overall service delivery experience could be better? If so, we want to talk.
In the Cisco Customer Journey Solutions R&D group, we are passionate about delivering amazing experiences to both customers and employees. We believe software can truly change the world and how it gives and receives customer service and it is our mission to be the leader in this space. To enable this vision, we are looking for passionate, smart, and motivated UI Developers to join our Client Experiences team.
As a UI Engineer, you will:
* Design, develop and maintain the user experiences we deliver to our customers across all mediums: mobile, web, and desktop.
* Evaluate and adopt leading edge UI technologies and techniques to rapidly deliver wow-inducing experiences that enable our end-users achieve unprecedented levels of productivity and work satisfaction.
* Own what you build - providing end-to-end automation, quality assurance, deployment and monitoring of your UI components and services.
* Contribute to the design and implementation of public APIs and integration tools to enable partners and independent developers build innovative solutions on top of our platform.
In this role, you will work with:
* Product Managers who will help you know our customers and partners so you can deliver solutions that meet their needs and wants.
* User Experience Designers who will partner with you to bring their UX design system and style toolkit to life as working software.
* Engineering Managers who will enable you to focus on doing what you love: delivering great software; they will also be your coach and guide on this exciting stage of your career journey.
* Technical Architects who will play a hands-on role in helping you design, develop, and operate with the best practices, patterns the industry has to offer.
What we're looking for:
* 2 or more years of experience as a full-stack developer in delivering highly available and scalable applications.
* Experience with web development frameworks such as ReactJS and AngularJS.
* Experience building, testing, and consuming REST APIs; GraphQL experience a plus.
* Familiarity and experience working with databases; SQL and NoSQL databases a plus.
* Experience developing, testing, and deploying to public cloud infrastructures such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
* Experience building and maintaining Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines; Jenkins experience a plus.
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum-inspired delivery methodology.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is a company that manufactures and distributes Internet Protocol (IP) based networking and other products.