BroadSoft, now a part of Cisco, is currently the leading global provider of Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) services to operators worldwide, specializing in Enterprise communications and collaboration. As BroadSoft develops its portfolio in the digital space, we are looking for a Interaction Designer to join our Digital Engagement team.
The Interaction Designer / Front End Developer will guide and partner closely with product managers, designers, as well as the management team of the organization to identify, create, incubate products and apply improvements to the Cisco line of products and technology. This is a position ideal for someone who loves digital product development, embraces quick turnaround, and are excited about being part of a fast paced and innovative team. A key focus will be creating customer journey maps of existing process for our products and services and then working with a broader team to create optimal or ideal end to end customer journeys for our customers.
* Partner with key members of the organization to define end to end customer experience
* Provides customer journey/experience input to the design, architecture, and quality of web software
* Work closely with product developers to provide overall experience domain expertise
* Member of the full-stack technical architecture team
* Incorporate detailed product requirements from testable user stories and annotated wireframes into overall approach
* Familiarity with API design, UI implementation, dedicated and cloud hosting, continuous integration, and testing
* Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design
* Work through issues and escalate appropriately
* Pre- and Post- launch, identify barriers to performance, scalability, adaptability, and overall quality from end-customer trials and launch
* It's a interaction designer job but you are surrounded by technical teams so deeper the understanding of tech stacks and any technical capability from web development to stronger coding skills are a huge plus for the role.
* 3-5 years of UX or interaction design experience
* UI or visual design experience
* Front end Development experience are a plus
* Knowledge and experience with web and mobile technology stacks
* Understanding of the creative process and workflow
* Ability to navigate complex integration problems that range across the company's product and technology, including legacy tech stacks
* Experience working directly with design and development team and have the ability to influence and guide the team to optimize the user experience
* Strong analysis of technology strengths and weaknesses to make informed decisions
* Excellent spoken & written communication
* Strong time management & organization skills
* Attention to detail with excellent problem solving skills
* Able to work independently and as part of a group
* "Out of the box" thinking and ability to manage multiple competing projects at once
* Ability to work in a fast paced, high growth, changing environment
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
* We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
* We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
* We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.