It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Senior Software Engineer - Production Engineering
You will be a joining a growing team to help drive and build the orchestration system used to deploy the Workday service on our private cloud platform. You will be exposed to large scale distributed systems, predominantly our core deployment platform which is essential to the Workday service.
We're passionate about open source software. We use Ruby extensively along with dozens of other tools and systems (docker, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Redis) to make up our highly concurrent, asynchronous service. We own, manage and evolve our service to meet the growing demands of our customers.
We need smart and passionate engineers who proudly contribute clean code and collaborate effectively with various stakeholders. The software you write will be critical to the success of the Workday service.
* 5+ years experience in a software development role
* Experience in object oriented programming languages (Java, Python, Ruby)
* Have developed software using cloud computing APIs (OpenStack, AWS)
* Have designed and developed REST APIs
* Background developing on Linux or Unix-like systems (Solaris, BSDs etc.)
Nice to haves:
* OpenStack (or similar Cloud space)
* Familiarity with container and orchestration technologies
* Knowledge of configuration management tools (chef, puppet etc.)
* Have worked with a distributed team in multiple time zones
* Work as part of our platform group responsible for the deployment aspect of continuous delivery.
* Working on our ruby codebase for the application for orchestrating our deployment pipeline.
* Help push an open source agenda and contribute out to the community
* Contribute to our main ecosystem
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.