Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
The OMS Metrics team develops software to monitor, tune, and diagnose the very heart of Workday's cloud based software platform: the Object Management Server (OMS), which at Workday plays the equivalent role of jet engines to airplanes. You will have the opportunity to design and develop the cockpit instruments which monitor the health of the system so that the planes fly efficiently and safely through the cloud. It's also your responsibility to develop tools to help tune the engines, sometimes while airborne. How? To Workday system, data is analogous to air and fuel to airplanes. We design and deploy tools to trace the flow of the data through our system and measure their footprint in terms of bits and cycles.
Admittedly, in rare occasions our jet engine does lose power, upon which your tools (better to have a few ready) will be called upon to help diagnose the cause, rev up the engine, or, Heaven forbid, do post-mortem analysis if a crash occurred. Complex? Yes. Challenging? Yes. You'll find your knowledge, experience and talents fully taxed and then some. Have to be truly agile. Have to work hard and smart. But also fun. Also satisfying. Just imagine your code zipping into cloud through continuous deployments, help the pilots see, with engines performance tuned, with confidence of fully prepared.
Curious, and can cover the requirements below? Give us a shout!
* Exceptional object-oriented design and programming skills in core Java
* Familiar with development tools: Intellij/Eclipse, Gradle/Maven, git/svn, among others
* Deep understanding of highly scalable performant architectures with focus on scaling horizontally rather than vertically
* Strong knowledge in concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems
* Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment that is agile and deliver values incrementally and frequently
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Collaborative team player
* Unix/Linux experience
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.