Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
We are the UI feature teams at Workday -- primarily responsible for delivering new UI features to our customers (internal and external). We are engineers with a customer-first mentality and our teams comprise of client engineers, server engineers and, QA engineers all in one agile scrum team.
The Workday User Interface is generated dynamically from metadata. Our engineers focus on building beautiful user experiences procedurally without needing to repetitiously handcraft each page or requiring deep domain knowledge of a specific area of the application. Built on standards-based web technologies, the UI is continuously deployed to modern browsers around the world.
We are looking for client engineers with enough exposure to backend technologies to feel comfortable in a full-stack scrum.
* As a part of an agile development team, work with fellow engineers of various disciplines (client, server, etc), product managers and automation engineers to deliver customer-centric features on the Workday UI.
* Collaboratively develop solutions using the latest technologies including React and Java.
* Work with Application teams to gather requirements, and plan new features and designs to ensure a usable, scalable, and stable framework
* Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features including interfaces/contracts with other layers of the full stack team, data transformation and handoff to application teams for adoption
* Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority
* Prepare for sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for an update
* Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow
* Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality
* Have fun while developing a qualitative and innovative engineering software
We would love to discuss your:
* Professional experience
* Passion and Aspirations
We're Looking for:
* 3+ years work experience developing complex software applications
* 3+ years work experience with front-end web development
* Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Programming.
* Utilize common design patterns. (MVC, Inversion of Control, Event-driven systems)
* Hands-on with testing, build automation, deployments, and monitoring (in addition to design and implementation).
* Ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements
* Bachelors Degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable
* GWT experience is a plus
What we offer:
* Opportunity to make an impact on industry-leading projects
* Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
* Full medical, dental, vision for FTE roles
* Employer-matching 401k
* Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
* Paid baby bonding / parental leave
* Adoption reimbursement
* Back-up child and elderly daycare
* Dog-friendly offices (Pleasanton-only)
* Commuter benefits
* Unlimited PTO
* Healthy snack program
* Fitness rooms
* Heavily discounted cafeteria offering seasonal, fresh, healthy breakfast and lunch options
Learn more about Workday:
Workday's Technology Platform and Development Process (whitepaper):
Workday Technology and Innovation Blog:
EVP of Development Explains Technology behind Workday's Innovative Applications (YouTube):
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.