AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
You have plenty of positive energy, a desire to learn, and the ability to execute effectively. You are an engineer with a passion for building service-oriented, scalable distributed applications, the kind that scale to handle billions of requests. You are excited to join AppDynamics and build the next great Application Intelligence platform. While each of our backend team works on different parts of AppDynamics , here are the general skills we look for in our backend engineers.
* You are pursuing a technical degree or have equivalent experience with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science
* Positive attitude & Aptitude to learn and execute quickly in a small team
* Programming in Java, C, C++, Scala
* a strong foundation in data structures and algorithms, and a strong understanding of threads, synchronization, concurrent programming, and object oriented design
* Experience developing highly scalable distributed platforms and services
We have multiple open job descriptions for new grads & interns
About the End User Monitoring (EUM) team
AppDynamics server agents kick-ass at measuring server-side performance across your application. But with the shift to highly interactive websites and mobile apps, an increasing number of performance problems are caused by client-side code or internet latency. End-User Monitoring measures the performance that your real users' experience by instrumenting client-side platform APIs. EUM complements server-side monitoring and has four main components:
* Browser Agents
* Mobile Agents
* Synthetic Agents
* EUM Cloud
About the Java APM team
Java APM is our flagship product. Complex Java web applications often contain frustrating blind spots and mysterious, recurring problems. The AppDynamics platform provides real-time visibility into how your applications perform inside many of the industry-leading Java application servers including Weblogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Glassfish and more. The team's job is to make sure we are up to date with all the new frameworks and libraries that our customers use to provide complete visibility into their application.
About the Platform team
Platform engineering powers AppDynamics' Application Intelligence solutions. You will have opportunity to define and build services from scratch by using the proper frameworks and picking the right tools. You will have the chance to breaking monolithic backend into highly available, scalable and well monitored microservices. You will learn how to achieve all of those while serving billions of request at the meanwhile.
About the Server Infrastructure Monitoring team
You will be building a scalable system to monitor all kinds of infrastructure from hardware to containers to storage, automated root cause analysis, and infrastructure dependency mappings. Also, you will be delivering innovations that make complex problems (massively distributed application analysis and management) easy for our customers to tackle.
About the Database Monitoring team
We are building a Database Visibility offering for modern applications and database infrastructures (including SQLServer, Oracle, Oracle RAC, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB, Amazon RDS, Couchbase) that integrates with the AppDynamics platform as a whole and provides new capabilities for monitoring and analytics. The product is evolving to offer increased visibility into database infrastructure issues impacting production applications and an increased ability to monitor, isolate, and diagnose end-to-end application problems. Your role is to make that evolution happen.
About the Analytics Team
Engineers in this team have a passion for building large scale distributed systems software using modern architecture principles. They understand how to maximize the utilization of a single server by leveraging concurrency as well as how to scale an application horizontally via a micro-services based architecture. This position requires:
* A sound foundation in object oriented programming
* Collaboration with product managers to understand requirements and translate to optimal engineering designs
* Ability to design, document, implement and test software solutions that extend our Analytics platform and solutions built on it
* Deploy and run the software in production by handling complex issues in our SaaS environment
About the .NET team
Ever marvel how C# is translated down to the machine level by language and JIT compilers? Are you a .NET guru, understanding how the data flows through stacks? Are you a divide-and-conquer engineer who is able to grok a complex problem, break it down, code, debug and test, and put it all together?
Our mandate is to understand and instrument the latest frameworks to ensure that our customers gain complete visibility into the performance of their applications. You will learn how .NET works at the core level and grow as an engineer within our rich mentoring environment, and have the opportunity to contribute your own ideas and shape the direction of the product.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that will make you excited to get out of bed and come into work in the morning:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, plus all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
* 401k match (4.5%)
* wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 15% ESPP + 2 year look back (purchase additional stock at the lowest price point within last 2 years)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, ferry service, and a bike share station, as well as pre-tax commuter benefits
AppDynamics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We appreciate and celebrate differences, and believe a diverse workforce benefits our employees, products and customers
AppDynamics is a company that develops application performance management solutions.