AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the Role
The AppDynamics Product Security Engineering team is seeking a motivated DevOps and/or Security professional to join us in automating security controls into highly secure cloud infrastructure. Some of the platforms impacted by this team's work deliver service for the Federal government and per their requirements, US citizenship is required.
* Design, build, and automate Security best practices into all operational aspects of AppDynamics' traditional and Federal SaaS cloud
* Interface with security and technical operations teams to ensure tools are secure and functional, and monitoring provides required visibility
* Work with Engineering teams to ensure products are developed to deploy and meet high security standards
* A bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent) with 5+ years of documented information security work experience
* 5+ years of experience implementing, administering, and supporting complex production UNIX systems, virtualized or in data centers
* 2+ years of experience in working with the broad array of AWS services, including EC2, S3, IAM, Lambda, RDS, KMS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, or CloudTrail
* 2+ years of experience with using configuration management and tools to build and manage infrastructure, including Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Terraform. Scripting in Python, Ruby, or similar
* Some of these platforms deliver service for the Federal government and per their requirements, US citizenship is required.
* Experience working with or contributing to open (and closed) source projects, their related tools and monitoring, including Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Git, Sensu, Nagios, Splunk, ELK, and AppDynamics
* Familiar working with JIRA tools in an Agile environment, or using Scrum methodologies
* Experience with the full software or systems development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, integration, testing, and implementation
* Hands on deploying security tools such as Nessus, Qualys, and implementing cloud security best practices
* Experience with Security Operations Center (SOC) operations as an engineer or operator, including firewalls, intrusion detection, encryption, monitoring, vulnerability scanning, and authentication solutions for traditional and Cloud-hosted IT systems
* Knowledge of federal Cloud security frameworks such as FedRAMP/NIST 800-53 and applying them to Cloud architectures
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
* Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify
AppDynamics develops application performance management solutions that deliver problem resolution for highly distributed applications.