AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
First and foremost, you have a B.S. Degree in CS / EE (or similar) from a top school. You are joyful at the prospect of working in a fast paced and collaborative environment. You also have:
* 7+ years of proven experience developing large-scale software applications
* Strong computer science fundamentals
* Strong problem analyzing and solving skills
* Strong communication skills. Be able to work with an international team.
* Understand test automation. Experience of using test tools (Jasmine, ScalaTest, etc), and writing test plans.
* Knowledge of TypeScript, knowledge of modern build tooling (e.g. webpack, browserify) and modern frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Ember) is a plus
* Prior experience building Java based infrastructure products and frameworks like application servers, message bus, performance management tool etc.
* An understanding of threads, synchronization, locks, concurrent programming and load balancing
* Prior experience with machine learning, predictive analysis, big data analytic is a plus
* An understanding of idiosyncrasies of various Browsers and their Rendering engine
About the Role
End User Monitoring (EUM) measures user experience from real users by capturing performance data on end user devices like Browsers, Mobile Devices, IoT Devices et al. Another aspect of EUM is Synthetic User Monitoring (SUM) where we allow customers to test scripted flows against their websites from browsers deployed around the world. The team manages the Browser Agent (built on Java Script), the IOS Agent (built on Objective C), the Android Agent (built on Java), IoT agents, Synthetic User Agents, the EUM Cloud (A scalable Data processor-think Map Reduce-and Data Analytics), our engine (built on Amazon Web Services components), Synthetic Services to schedule & manage synthetic sessions and integration with all other AppDynamics Products. The EUM Agents are embedded inside the end user app. It instruments the core platform APIs and callbacks and captures end user experience metrics, errors and key stats like device, geo, OS etc. (No Personal Identifying Info). The synthetic agents include a mechanism to pull synthetic session requests, drive Selenium scripts run against browsers instrumented to capture metrics as well as screen shots. All the final data is processed in an infinitely scalable infrastructure built on Amazon Cloud.
Some of your primary responsibilities include:
* Build low latency and bulletproof Java Script code that can run in 100s of browser versions
* Incorporate new specifications from W3C performance working group
* Participate in design, implementation and maintenance of complex, multiple product modules/sub-systems
* Participate in product design meetings
* Perform complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products
* Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions to the problems
* Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits
* Research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
* Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics develops application performance management solutions that deliver problem resolution for highly distributed applications.