L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3 Harris in Centreville, VA is seeking a Senior Scientist to join our Signal Processing Advanced Development Group. In this role, you will work closely with the Chief Technology Officer, program/project leaders, scientists and engineers to provide advanced sonar solutions to the US Navy and our other partners and customers. The Senior Scientist will support our continuing Navy contract work, research and development initiatives, and new business opportunities pursued through Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs). You will help develop new business strategies, and the ability to provide innovative solutions is required.
The ideal candidate is expected to have a strong track record in proposal development and subsequent contract execution. Candidates must demonstrate a solid understanding of underwater acoustics and sonar sensor technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
* Design and development of sensor systems technologies to include sensor signal processing, beamforming, acoustic communications, and automated etection/classification processing.
* Technical direction of sensor systems technology development, performance prediction and assessment, and application programs.
* Preparation and conduct of oral presentation and demonstration of Adaptive Methods technology products to current and potential military/commercial customers, symposia, and government-industry technical working groups.
* Competitive technical proposal preparation.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
* MS or PhD in Signal Processing, Underwater Acoustics or related field. * 10 years of research and/or applications development experience in sonar sensor systems technologies. * Excellent and verifiable customer and industry peer-group communications skills. * Proposal preparation experience. * Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US SECRET clearance.
DESIRABLE JOB SKILLS:
* Acoustics sensor/system performance analysis.
* Underwater acoustic communications.
* Acoustics and non-acoustic sensor detection and classification.
* Underwater acoustic propagation modeling, including familiarity with tools, such as Bellhop, NSPE, CASS/GRAB, WaveQ3D, etc.
* Adaptive beamforming or environmentally adaptive signal processing.
* Matlab software development.
* Technical/Journal peer-reviewed publications in one or more of the sensor systems technology areas.
* Active SECRET clearance.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.