L3 SSG specializes in the development, manufacturing and qualification of remote EO sensing and RF payloads, instruments and major sub-systems primarily for space as well as unique airborne applications. Space mission areas include major science investigation, situational awareness, launch detection and weather analysis. Primary markets served include NASA, DoD, intelligence communities and commercial space. Primary airborne contributions include hyperspectral payloads for specialized overseas missions and critical line-of-sight control sub-systems for targeting systems as well as electronic warfare systems.
L3 SSG is seeking a Systems Engineer for Requirements Management to work with program stakeholders in requirements elicitation and identification, requirements analysis, DOORS Database management; including documentation development and maintenance, traceability, etc. for numerous commerical and government programs.
* Interface with subject matter experts for requirements and test documentation development and maintenance
* Develop and implement standard DOORs templates and scripts for programs
* Develop and maintain DOORS training, policies, procedures and work instructions
* Provide requirements administration for multiple programs in support of systems engineering teams
* Identify, control, maintain and manage changes to program requirements baselines
* Verify mapping of requirements to program documentation, identifying gaps and coordinating with responsible engineers
* Gather and prepare requirements information in support of design reviews and technical meetings
* Support DOORS users with process and tools questions and best practices
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
* BS degree or higher in Engineering, Science, Math or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
* Experience in administration of requirements utilizing IBM Rational DOORS
* Experience developing scripts and managing DOORS links utilizing DXL, VBA, JAVA or similar
* Strong communication, facilitator and team skills
* Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering methods
Some travel is required (est. 10%)
Successful candidate will be required to complete a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is required.
We offer a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long and short term disability and company paid life insurance, 401(k) Employee Stock Purchase Plan, referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing to include background checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies is a company developing advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space.