Staff Software Engineer- GPS Signal Processing
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3 is seeking a highly motivated senior-level software engineer for our GPS signal processing software development team. Successful candidates perform complex professional software engineering assignments requiring expertise covering a range of the GPS domain within a team environment.
Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or related discipline, a minimum of 8-10 years professionally related experience, along with a passion to further their career in embedded Software Engineering.
The selected candidate:
* Has hands on real-time embedded C development experience that includes recent lab activities integrating with, and debugging on, target hardware.
* Has a strong math background (including linear algebra), signal processing (DSP) signal detection and tracking, and Matlab (or Pandas) experience.
* Has experience in developing in a multi-processor environment.
* Has experience in developing software requirements and software design based on system requirements and system design.
* Has experience supporting end user integration.
* Has experience with software methodologies such as Structured Analysis/Design and/or Object Oriented Technologies, UML, Agile/SCRUM.
* Is a self-starter who is able to individually implement a wide variety of hands-on assignments through design, code, debug, unit and SW integration tests, and peer review.
* Consistently and accurately estimates and delivers individual assignments to plan.
* Knows and continuously practices software best practices.
* Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
The ideal candidate will also have prior background in one or more of the following:
* GPS concepts, signal processing or navigation user equipment, embedded system development and testing, military GPS receivers, Matlab, digital signal processing or tracking loops.
Required to obtain a SECRET CLEARANCE, and is required to maintain eligibility requirements for access to U.S. DoD classified information.
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies is a company developing advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space.