Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cybersecurity and a broad range of mission support services.
The Whole Life Engineering (WLE) Center is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems throughout their life cycle to ensure effective operation, reliability, system safety, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user. Our team provides design analysis and sustainment support for advanced systems that are deployed worldwide on military platforms. Customers worldwide depend on us to provide best-value solutions, flawless system performance, and the full lifecycle support that assures mission success. Candidate will be an integral part of the WLE team supporting multiple programs.
* Develop solutions to routine technical problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
* Contribute to completion of technical tasks in a cross discipline teaming environment
* Conduct active management of the Failure Reporting and Corrective Action (FRACA) system
* Represent Raytheon at customer meetings as applicable
* Perform internal and external supplier interface to resolve technical issues
* Participate in trade study investigations
* Evaluate and translate reliability/maintainability/testability requirements within and across programs
* Perform reliability/maintainability/testability analyses verify designs meet requirements
* Collaborate with hardware/software teams to develop reliability/maintainability/testability capabilities
* Product reliability/maintainability/testability modeling for architecture development and trade study analysis
* The candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter to perform WLE tasks in accordance with established procedures. The candidate will be an integral part of the WLE team as a Reliability/Maintainability/Testability Engineer supporting various programs.
* Minimum 4 years of related experience
* Experience with reliability/maintainability/testability analysis tools
* Experience in failure modes and mechanisms related complex system designs
* Experience in working with software/firmware development and implementation
* Experience performing circuit analysis and evaluating circuit designs
* Experience with product testing and troubleshooting in the factory/depot or field environment
* Experience with testability/diagnostics aspects of system development engineering
* Experience analyzing data from a variety of sources using standard modeling tools
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* Existing DoD Secret clearance
* Experience working with and interpreting interfaces between hardware and software
* Experience applying systems principles, processes, and analysis
* Experience working across multiple organizational levels
* Experience with mechanical CAD authoring or design evaluation
* Ability to function well in a high pressure multi-tasking environment
* Radar/EO-IR system experience
* Possess strong people and change agent skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written
* Experience working in the DoD customer community (US Army, US Air Force, US Navy)
* BS degree in electrical or systems engineering, physics or related technical field.
* MS degree in electrical or systems engineering, physics or related technical field.
139329 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.