Raytheon Company is looking to fill a Case Administrator position located in the Herndon, VA area, in support of a dynamic fast paced business office on the KODIAK Program. This position will focused on reducing the backlog of open cases for the program. Communication and the ability to work across organizations with other components is critical in reducing the overall backlog. The right candidate will perform a combination of Technician and Case Management tasks through their full lifecycle and must be able to work as an individual performer as well as in a team environment.
Tasks to be performed include, but are not limited to:
* Oversee process of the declassification of documents related to Freedom of Information Act, Privacy Act, Mandatory Declassification requests cases, from beginning to end.
* Perform case management duties that include Opening and Closing of case files, creating cases, creating and maintaining physical files, documenting all correspondence and coordinating with Sponsor components to identify equities as well as those of other government agencies.
* Responsible for supporting and working with the customer in setting up and maintaining a spreadsheet of open cases and determining case status in the workflow and subsequently reaching out to internal and external components or other government agencies to determine the status of pending document reviews with those offices/agencies.
* Organize documents in preparation for declassification review and correctly assign these items to the proper equity holder.
* Act as a liaison for all other components as well as other government agencies involved in the process.
* Write response letters and other memorandums as requested by the Sponsor that explains the Sponsor's decisions and ensure responses are accurate and comply with federal statutes and Sponsor policies.
* Communicate both orally and in writing with internal and external stakeholders.
* Manage a high volume of cases varying in complexity.
* Conduct desktop research and analyze results to determine the relevance of a new search or whether the requested records have been previously declassified and/or released.
* Record decisions in the Sponsor's automated systems or on hardcopy forms as required.
* Coordinate intra and inter organizational referrals.
* Receiving and shipping of classified and unclassified mail/packages weighing up to 10 lbs, to include opening and closing of case preparation and mailing of final notification of processed packages to end users.
* Supporting litigation unit by assembling the final packages and ensuring all documentation is correct and ensuring no classified material is assembled in the correspondence and released/mailed.
* Perform the duties of a Data Transfer Officer (DTO) as necessary.
* Must have strong customer service skills.
* Must be proficient in computer utilization.
* Strong interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team members and customers. Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships with team members and customers as well as the ability to develop good rapport with outside liaisons.
* Strong oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses, presentations, etc. in a clear and concise manner.
* Well-developed critical thinking skills and an excellent focus on/to detail is a must have skills set.
* Ability to exercise discretion and pay close attention to detail.
* Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and manage multiple priorities in a deadline environment.
* Familiar with classified information levels and restrictions
* Ability to work in a team environment and get along well with people at all levels.
* Must have Extensive knowledge in the use of MS Office, the Internet, and other internal applications necessary to complete routine and moderately complex tasks.
* Ability to apply a strong customer focus orientation to understand customer requirements.
* Must have an understanding of security requirements and be able to adhere to them.
* Previous experience supporting public information release programs or prior experience working with the Sponsor.
* Bachelor degree from an accredited institution plus at least 2 years professional experience.
* Eight (8) years of experience (for a total of ten (10) or more years) may be substituted for a degree, with a high school diploma.
* Experience with E.O. 12958, Freedom of Information Act and the Privacy Act, with a successful track record of showing initiative and the desire for professional growth, will be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Must be a US Citizen and have an active TS/SCI clearance with a FS poly from day one of employment and be crossover eligible.
137416BR 137416 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.