The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer with a recent track record of successfully developing embedded software for advanced Air-to-Surface or Air-to-Air radar modes. The ideal candidate will employ Raytheon software development processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Work effectively and contribute significantly during all phases of the software development life-cycle
* Develop radar mode software in C, C++ and/or Ada
* Show excellent investigation and trouble-shooting skills to assess issues and develop resolutions to them
* Work proactively to complete tasks with some oversight direction�
* Communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers
* Actively participate in program and customer meetings and reviews
Check out our Raytheon overview on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/raytheoncompany
* US Citizenship Required as Candidate Must Have a Clearance Day One of Employment*
* Minimum of 6+ years' experience developing embedded software utilizing C, C++, Ada or related tools/languages
* Experience with Software Architecture, Signal processing or Data processing
* Experience with Hardware / software integration
* Experience with Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks or equivalent development tools
* Experience in every phase of the software development life-cycle
* Must have an active DOD Secret Clearance and a proven ability to be accessed to Special Access Programs
US Citizenship required
* Experience with Continuous Integration methodologies
* Experience with developing and integrating software for advanced Air-to-Surface or Air-to-Air radar modes
Minimum Bachelor's degree in technical major (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Physics, etc.) from an accredited University
* This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons*
Why Choose Raytheon:
Invest in yourself by investing in a career at Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. We support career development in both technical and management paths, with numerous internal and external training opportunities, educational assistance programs, rotational training and development, mentoring, and leadership development programs.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision, and dental care, as well as health savings accounts and healthcare and dependent care reimbursement accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we emphasize work life-balance and encourage employees to take advantage of our flexible work arrangements and telecommuting opportunities.
We have been recognized across industry with accolades such as:
* One of the top ten "Best Companies for Women to Work" by IEEE Women in Engineering magazine
* Among the "Best Places to Launch a Career" by Business Week magazine
* A "Top 50 Employer" by readers of Workforce Diversity for Engineering and IT Professionals
Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals, where talented people collaborate to make an impact, and where daily challenges lead to accomplishment and reward. Make your next move to Raytheon!
141963 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.