How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Company has an immediate need for a System Administrator Technician in the McLean, VA area. The on-site system administrator shall support the day-to-day operations of the Sponsor's laboratory computer systems. This support shall include the installation, configuration, maintenance, failure analysis and recovery, performance monitoring, data storage management, and security management of laboratory computer systems. System administrators shall utilize at least one, preferably two, administrative languages (PowerShell, shell, PERL, etc.), and shall have a solid knowledge of Windows operating systems (namely, 7 and higher) and functional knowledge Linux (Red Hat or CentOS) operating systems.
System Administrators shall have functional knowledge of distributed and clustered computing environments, cloud computing and virtualization environments. Specific duties and responsibilities of the on-site system administrator may include:
* Responding to inquiries concerning all aspects of computer and network operations
* Creating, managing and troubleshooting user/group accounts via Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and Network Information Service (NIS)
* Installing, configuring, updating, and removing system and application software
* Installing, configuring, updating, and removing system hardware (servers, workstations, monitors, printers, plotters, scanners, transceivers, network interface cards, network physical links)
* Configuring NFS, NIS, SAMBA, CIFS, etc. remote hosting/sharing protocols
* Updating systems using manual and automated processes
* Performing system and file backup and recovery
* Monitoring and allocating system resources (CPU, memory, and storage space)
* Auditing system log files, to include compliance audits
* Diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware and software problems
* Documenting hardware and software configurations, maintenance history, backup history
* Implementing up-to-date system policies and procedures
Minimum Mandatory Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent experience. Equivalent military training and experience in an information technology field is acceptable.
* Four (4) years of experience to include (2) years of intelligence community relevant work experience, including one year or more of specialized, relevant technical experience in the general areas of network/systems operation center support.
* Work experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree. An Associate's Degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or equivalent experience, plus an additional two years of experience (total six (6) years of work experience) can be used in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
* Must be a US Citizen and have an active TS/SCI clearance with poly on day one of employment.
* Experience with cloud computing technologies and implementation
* Two (2) years of experience with virtualization technologies and implementation
* Demonstrated experience with NetApp storage architectures
* Experience with Puppet or Spacewalk
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.