Sila delivers materials that set a new standard for batteries. Sila Data Systems is the small, expert team that enables ongoing success in a multi-disciplinary business through the quality, accessibility and insight-generating power of data. We write and run modern, data-driven applications and infrastructure to integrate research, experimentation and product characterization with automated, high-volume, software-configurable manufacturing.
Our software integrates deeply with Sila-designed and off-the-shelf equipment throughout our production and research plants. We accelerate commissioning and maximize flexibility with software-configurable manufacturing processes and operational flow. We drive quality and accelerate adoption of Sila materials with transparent and traceable production, characterization and inventory management. We enable ongoing innovation by applying machine learning, statistical analysis and sophisticated visualization to both factory telemetry and laboratory datasets in real time.
As a senior data systems project and product manager, you work closely with senior Sila leadership and the data systems team to collaboratively design, deliver and drive adoption of our data platform across Sila. Our platform integrates sophisticated off-the-shelf enterprise applications with internally developed data systems, so you engage with other team leads and individual contributors to roll out new applications, track progress and balance priorities for ongoing development. You also maximize the impact and value of our team's work by helping groom and prioritize our backlog and incoming requests to ensure progress on longer term strategic initiatives.
* Drive adoption of the Sila data platform across Sila's research, equipment, process and battery engineering, manufacturing and business operations teams.
* Apply reality-based planning to identify resources, tasks, timeline and milestones for success of key data systems initiatives.
* Motivate action with transparency and accountability for both our stakeholders and our team.
* Triage incoming requests from our stakeholders and prioritize ongoing development.
* 6+ years experience with project or product management of manufacturing, engineering or scientific applications and software.
* Bachelor's degree or higher, with proven ability to rapidly acquire and apply systems-level understanding across technical and business boundaries.
* Recent experience constructing software development or deployment plans, estimating resource requirements, tracking and reporting ongoing status and risks to on-time delivery of key capabilities.
* Recent success guiding software engineers to deliver strategic applications and initiatives by iteratively implementing concise, well-written and appropriately sized user stories.
* Experience with agile methodologies, including writing user stories, running daily checkins and regularly triaging and integrating new requests with a carefully groomed and prioritized backlog.
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies revolutionizes portable energy storage: enabling lighter, smaller, longer-lasting batteries for everyday electronics, electric cars, and renewable power.