Sila delivers materials that set a new standard for batteries. Sila Data Systems is the small, expert team that enables ongoing success in a multi-disciplinary business through the quality, accessibility and insight-generating power of data. We write and run modern, data-driven applications and infrastructure to integrate research, experimentation and product characterization with automated, high-volume, software-configurable manufacturing.
Our software integrates deeply with Sila-designed and off-the-shelf equipment throughout our production and research plants. We accelerate commissioning and maximize flexibility with software-configurable manufacturing processes and operational flow. We drive quality and accelerate adoption of Sila materials with transparent and traceable production, characterization and inventory management. We enable ongoing innovation by applying machine learning, statistical analysis and sophisticated visualization to both factory telemetry and laboratory datasets in real time.
As a senior/lead software engineer at Sila, you are a full-stack technical leader we rely on to design and build the software behind our data systems. You work closely with other senior engineers and scientists to deliver a modern data platform and related applications, applying state-of-the-art software engineering to our on-site research and production plant as well as our cloud-hosted systems. Your software democratizes data and orchestrates operations for the Sila research, engineering and manufacturing teams.
* Architect the systems and software that enables Sila's research, equipment, process and battery engineering, manufacturing and business operations teams to work effectively and iterate rapidly.
* Lead and mentor colleagues by example, delivering high quality, maintainable code in concise, single-concern merge requests. You "walk the talk" with rigorous, respectful, learning-focused code reviews and thoughtfully engineered test coverage for long-term maintainability.
* With colleagues in Data Systems, triage incoming requests from our stakeholders and prioritize ongoing development.
* With colleagues in Data Systems, respond as needed to understand, mitigate, correct and prevent operational incidents.
* 5+ years of hands-on software and data systems work.
* A B.S. or higher in computer science, engineering, math or physical sciences.
* Skills and experience with Python, C#, SQL, SCADA/PLC integrations, and software that interacts with the physical world.
* Systems-level thinking. You approach your work holistically, and the solutions you design and build demonstrate careful consideration of all aspects of each problem.
* Hands-on approach. You are actively engaged in developing new and existing applications, data pipelines and code bases.
* Bonus for skills and experience building event-driven data pipelines, RESTful web services, and/or integrating on-premise and cloud-hosted systems, services and applications.
* Bonus for experience with scientific operations management, manufacturing execution, and/or enterprise resource planning.
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies is an engineered materials company focused on energy storage.